文档库 最新最全的文档下载
当前位置:文档库 › TED英文演讲:有选择困难症的人

TED英文演讲:有选择困难症的人

TED英文演讲:有选择困难症的人
TED英文演讲:有选择困难症的人

TED英文演讲:有选择困难症的人

| 中英文演讲稿 |

1.Think of a hard choice youll face in the near future.

想想你在不久的将来会面临的艰难抉择。

2.It might be between two careers -- artist and accountant -- or places to live -- the city or the country -- or even between two people to marry -- 这也许是在两份职业中做出一个选择,艺术家还是会计师; 也许是选择居住的地方,城市还是乡村; 也许是在两个人中

3.you could marry Betty or you could marry Lolita.

选择和谁结婚,Betty 或者是Lolita;

4.Or it might be a choice about whether to have children, to have an ailing parent move in with you, to raise your child in a religion

抑或思考是否要孩子; 是否让年老体衰的父母跟你一起住; 是否让你的孩子信奉

5.that your partner lives by but leaves you cold.

即便你会因自身不信奉而被冷落;

6.Or whether to donate your life savings to charity.

又或者说,是否将毕生积储捐赠给慈善机构。

7.Chances are, the hard choice you thought of was something big, something momentous, something that matters to you.

有可能,你所思考的这些艰难抉择都十分庞大,十分重要你也十分重视。

8.Hard choices seem to be occasions for agonizing, hand-wringing, the gnashing of teeth.

每当困难的选择出现,他都会让你感到痛苦、绝望,让你咬牙切齿。

9.But I think weve misunderstood hard choices and the role they play in our lives.

但我认为我们误解了艰难抉择的定义,更误解了其在我们生活中扮演的角色。

10.Understanding hard choices uncovers a hidden power each of us possesses.

倘若能理解这些艰难决定,我们每个人便会发掘出一种隐藏的潜力。

11.What makes a choice hard is the way the alternatives relate.

一个抉择之所以难是由于选项之间相互关联。

12.In any easy choice, one alternative is better than the other.

任何简单的抉择中,总有一种选择比另一种要好。

13.In a hard choice, one alternative is better in

some ways, the other alternative is better in other ways, and neither is better than the other overall.

可在艰难抉择中,一种选择在某些方面较好,另一种选择在其他方面较好,二者各有千秋让人无法定夺。

14.You agonize over whether to stay in your current job in the city or uproot your life for more challenging work in the country because staying is better in some ways,

你痛苦地纠结于应该继续呆在这座城市里干这份工作,还是改变一下你的生活方式到乡村去接受更具挑战性的工作,因为留下有留下的好处,

15.moving is better in others, and neither is better than the other overall.

离开也有好处,两种选择各有千秋难以定夺。

16.We shouldnt think that all hard choices are big.

我们不应该认为所有的艰难抉择都很庞大。

17.Lets say youre deciding what to have for breakfast.

打个比方,你正决定吃什么早餐。

18.You could have high fiber bran cereal or a chocolate donut.

你可以吃高纤维全谷干麦片,或者吃巧克力甜甜圈。

19.Suppose what matters in the choice is tastiness and healthfulness.

假设在此抉择中的决定性因素

20.The cereal is better for you, the donut tastes way better, but neither is better than the other overall, a hard choice.

麦片对你身体好,甜甜圈却好吃很多,但两者都有自身优势,这就是一个艰难抉择。

21.Realizing that small choices can also be hard may make big hard choices seem less intractable.

如果意识到小的选择也可能会变得困难,那面对大的艰难抉择时我们可能就不会觉得那么棘手了。

22.After all, we manage to figure out what to have for breakfast, so maybe we can figure out whether to stay in the city or uproot for the new job in the country.

毕竟,我们总能决定早餐吃什么,所以我们也许能够想明白,究竟要留在市区,还是到乡下接手新的工作。

23.We also shouldnt think that hard choices are hard because we are stupid.

同时,我们也不应该觉得,选择之所以难是因为自己很愚蠢。

24.When I graduated from college, I couldnt decide between two careers, philosophy and law.

在我刚大学毕业的时候,我无法从两种职业中抉择,哲学还是法律。

25.I really loved philosophy.

我真心喜欢哲学,

26.There are amazing things you can learn as a philosopher, and all from the comfort of an armchair.

若能成为哲学家,便能学到很多惊奇的东西,而且舒舒服服地坐在椅子上就好。

27.But I came from a modest immigrant family where my idea of luxury was having a pork tongue and jelly sandwich in my school lunchbox,

可我出生自一个朴实简素的移民家庭,我对奢侈的概念,就是能在上学的午餐盒里找到一块猪舌和一份果冻三明治。

28.so the thought of spending my whole life sitting around in armchairs just thinking, well, that struck me as the height of extravagance and frivolity.

所以这种一辈子仅坐在椅子上思考的想法,其实,对我来说只是一种奢侈和轻浮的假象罢了。

29.So I got out my yellow pad, I drew a line down the middle, and I tried my best to think of the reasons for and against each alternative.

所以我拿出自己黄色笔记本,在中间划了一条线,然后竭尽所能地写出每种选择的利与弊。

30.I remember thinking to myself, if only I knew what my life in each career would be like.

当时我就想:如果能知道选择某种职业后我的人生会变成怎样就好了。

31.If only God or Netflix would send me a DVD of my two possible future careers, Id be set.

如果上帝或者网飞公司能送我一张DVD 来向我描述这两种充满可能性的职业生涯,那我就能做出选择了。

32.Id compare them side by side, Id see that one was better, and the choice would be easy.

我就能一一对比,看看哪种更好,这样一来抉择就简单多了。

33.But I got no DVD, and because I couldnt figure out which was better, I did what many of us do in hard choices: I took the safest option.

但我没有收到这种DVD,而且由于我实在想不出哪一种更优,我就和大多数人一样:选择了最安全的一项。

34.Fear of being an unemployed philosopher led me to become a lawyer, and as I discovered, lawyering didnt quite fit.

成为失业哲学家的恐惧,驱使我成了一名律师。可后来我发现,当律师不大适合我,

35.It wasnt who I was.

这不是真正的我。

36.So now Im a philosopher, and I study hard choices, and I can tell you that fear of the unknown, while a

common motivational default

所以我现在是名哲学家,我钻研艰难抉择,我可以告诉大家,对未知产生恐惧是在进行困难抉择时的自然反应,

37.in dealing with hard choices, rests on a misconception of them.

而这种恐惧来源于对艰难抉择的误解。

38.Its a mistake to think that in hard choices, one alternative really is better than the other, but were too stupid to know which, and since we dont know which, we might as well

我们不应该认为,在艰难抉择中某种选择总会会比另一种好,可我们自身太愚蠢,所以无法辨别,那既然我们无法定夺,

39.take the least risky option.

倒不如选风险最小的那项。

40.Even taking two alternatives side by side with full information, a choice can still be hard.

就算你完全了解了两种选项并将其一一对照,你仍然很难决定。

41.Hard choices are hard not because of us or our ignorance; theyre hard because there is no best option.

选择之所以难,不是因为我们无知; 难的原因在于没有最优选项。

42.Now, if theres no best option, if the scales dont

tip in favor of one alternative over another, then surely the alternatives must be equally good.

那么,如果没有最佳项,如果衡量的天秤不会倾向于任何一方,那么任何选项都一定是好的。

43.So maybe the right thing to say in hard choices is that theyre between equally good options.

所以面对艰难抉择,可能正确的思维方式,就是认为选项双方一样好。

44.But that cant be right.

这种想法肯定不对。

45.If alternatives are equally good, you should just flip a coin between them, and it seems a mistake to think, heres how you should decide between careers, 如果选项都一样好,那还不如直接抛硬币算了,这样就会产生思想误区,让你认为自己选择事业、

46.places to live, people to marry: Flip a coin.

住处、婚嫁时都抛硬币选择就好了。

47.Theres another reason for thinking that hard choices arent choices between equally good options.

还有另外一个原因,使艰难选择并非是在同等好的选项中抉择。

48.Suppose you have a choice between two jobs: you could be an investment banker or a graphic artist.

假设你要在两份工作中挑选:你可以做投资银行家,

或做平面设计师。

49.There are a variety of things that matter in such

a choice, like the excitement of the work, achieving financial security, having time to raise a family, and so on.

在这个选择当中有颇多决定性因素,譬如工作带来的兴奋程度、能获得的经济保障、顾家时间等等。

50.Maybe the artists career puts you on the cutting edge of new forms of pictorial expression.

也许艺术家这个职业能让你接触最前沿的图像表达技术。

51.Maybe the banking career puts you on the cutting edge of new forms of financial manipulation.

或许当银行家你就能接触最前端的金融操纵手段。

52.Imagine the two jobs however you like so that neither is better than the other.

你可以想象任何两种你喜欢的职业,但两者都不会比另一方好的。

53.Now suppose we improve one of them a bit.

现在,假设我们能稍微改进其中的一方。

54.Suppose the bank, wooing you, adds 500 dollars

a month to your salary.

假设一间银行尝试讨好你,在你的月薪里增加500美元。

55.Does the extra money now make the banking job better than the artist one?

这一笔额外的金钱会不会让这份银行家的工作优于当艺术家呢?

56.Not necessarily.

说不准。

57.A higher salary makes the banking job better than it was before, but it might not be enough to make being a banker better than being an artist.

更高的薪酬让银行家的工作优于以前,但额外薪水不一定足够让成为银行家变得比成为艺术家好。

58.But if an improvement in one of the jobs doesnt make it better than the other, then the two original jobs could not have been equally good.

可如果对其中一种职业进行改进后结果并没有让一方优于另一方,那么两种选择本身就不可能是一样好。

59.If you start with two things that are equally good, and you improve one of them, it now must be better than the other.

如果两件事一开始都同等的好,当你改进了其中一件,那它就一定会优于另一个。

60.Thats not the case with options in hard choices.

在艰难抉择中并非如此。

61.So now weve got a puzzle.

那么现在我们就有一个疑惑了。

62.Weve got two jobs.

这两份工作,

63.Neither is better than the other, nor are they equally good.

没有一方能完胜另一方,但又不是同等的好。

64.So how are we supposed to choose?

究竟该怎么选择呢?

65.Something seems to have gone wrong here.

貌似有些事情出错了。

66.Maybe the choice itself is problematic and comparison is impossible.

可能选项的本身就存在问题,导致我们无法比较。

67.But that cant be right.

但这也不对啊。

68.Its not like were trying to choose between two things that cant be compared.

我们并不是要在两种不能被对比的事物间选择。

69.Were weighing the merits of two jobs, after all, not the merits of the number nine and a plate of fried eggs.

我们说到底是在衡量两份工作的利弊,不是对比数字9和一盘煎鸡蛋的好处。

70.A comparison of the overall merits of two jobs

is something we can make, and one we often do make.

对比两份工作的总体优势是我们能做到的,也是我们经常做的事。

71.I think the puzzle arises because of an unreflective assumption we make about value.

我认为疑惑产生的原因源于一种我们对价值的草率设想。

72.We unwittingly assume that values like justice, beauty, kindness, are akin to scientific quantities, like length, mass and weight.

我们不知不觉地认为,诸如正义、美丽、善良的价值观都与一些科学度量类似,都能被量度,譬如长度、质量、重量。

73.Take any comparative question not involving value, such as which of two suitcases is heavier.

试想一个与价值观毫不相关的比较,例如两个行李箱中哪个更重。

74.There are only three possibilities.

仅有三种可能性。

75.The weight of one is greater, lesser or equal to the weight of the other.

其中一个的重量大于、小于或等于另一个。

76.Properties like weight can be represented by real numbers -- one, two, three and so on -- and there

are only three possible comparisons

像重量这样的性质能够用真实的数字来表达1,2,3 而且在两个数字间的比较中

77.between any two real numbers.

只有三种可能。

78.One number is greater, lesser, or equal to the other.

一个数字大于、小于或等于另一个数字。

79.Not so with values.

价值观却不是如此。

80.As post-Enlightenment creatures, we tend to assume that scientific thinking holds the key to everything of importance in our world,

作为后启蒙时期的生物,我们总是设想科学思维可以解决世界上一切重要的问题,

81.but the world of value is different from the world of science.

但价值观的世界不同于科学的世界。

82.The stuff of the one world can be quantified by real numbers.

科学界中,一切事物可被数字度量。

83.The stuff of the other world cant.

可价值观的世界中却不能。

84.We shouldnt assume that the world of is, of

lengths and weights, has the same structure as the world of ought, of what we should do.

我们不能认为充斥着是否、长度和重量的数字世界与该不该和该做什么的价值世界有着同样的架构。

85.So if what matters to us -- a childs delight, the love you have for your partner cant be represented by real numbers, then theres no reason to believe 所以,如果我们觉得重要的东西,如:孩子的幸福、对另一半的爱,不能用数字来表示,那么我们就没有理由相信,

86.that in choice, there are only three possibilities -- that one alternative is better, worse or equal to the other.

在抉择过程中只有三种可能性:其中一选项总会优于、劣于或等于另一项。

87.We need to introduce a new, fourth relation beyond being better, worse or equal, that describes whats going on in hard choices.

我们需要一种全新的思考维度,第四种关系除了优于、劣于和等于之外,第四种关系能描述艰难抉择的运行模式。

88.I like to say that the alternatives are on a par.

我偏好把各选项看做等价。

89.When alternatives are on a par, it may matter very much which you choose, but one alternative isnt

better than the other.

当所有选项等价时,你的选择就变得极为重要,但选项本身却没有哪个比其他的好。

90.Rather, the alternatives are in the same neighborhood of value, in the same league of value, while at the same time being very different 反之,所有的选择项都有类似的价值,都处于同一种价值范畴当中,但同时他们又具有

91.in kind of value.

不同的价值。

92.Thats why the choice is hard.

这正是让选择变得困难的原因。

93.Understanding hard choices in this way uncovers something about ourselves we didnt know.

如此理解艰难抉择,我们就会在自己身上发现一些意料之外的东西。

94.Each of us has the power to create reasons.

我们每个人都有能力去创造理由。

95.Imagine a world in which every choice you face is an easy choice, that is, theres always a best alternative.

想象一下若在某个世界中你只需面对简单抉择,那么,永远都有最佳项。

96.If theres a best alternative, then thats the one

you should choose, because part of being rational is doing the better thing rather than the worse thing, 若有最佳项,你就应该选它,因为保持理智就意味着选好的不选坏的,

97.choosing what you have most reason to choose.

选最合理的。

98.In such a world, wed have most reason to wear black socks instead of pink socks, to eat cereal instead of donuts, to live in the city rather than the country, 在这样的世界里,我们有充足的理由去穿黑袜子而不穿粉色袜子,去吃干麦片不吃甜甜圈,去留在城市里不转向乡区,

99.to marry Betty instead of Lolita.

去娶Betty而不娶Lolita。

100.A world full of only easy choices would enslave us to reasons.

充满简单抉择的世界,会让我们成为原由的奴隶。

101.When you think about it, its nuts to believe that the reasons given to you dictated that you had most reason to pursue the exact hobbies you do,

当你这样想,你会发现自己一定是疯了才会相信摆在你面前的选择会决定你追寻各种事物的理由,会决定你的爱好,

102.to live in the exact house you do, to work at

the exact job you do.

让你住现在的房子,让你选现在的工作。

103.Instead, you faced alternatives that were on a par hard choices and you made reasons for yourself to choose that hobby, that house and that job.

事实上,当你面对的是多个选择,多个等价的选择,困难的选择,你会为自己制造理由来选择这项爱好、这所房子和这份工作。

104.When alternatives are on a par, the reasons given to us, the ones that determine whether were making a mistake, are silent as to what to do.

当各选项等价时,我们面前的各种理性原由,这些让我们分清对错的原由,都无法给予我们一个答案。

105.Its here, in the space of hard choices, that we get to exercise our normative power, the power to create reasons for yourself, to make yourself 唯有在这个有艰难抉择的世界里,我们才能锻炼自己的规范性力量,以创造自我的原由,让自己变成106.into the kind of person for whom country living is preferable to the urban life.

心中想成为的人,一种更喜爱乡村生活而不是城市生活的人。

107.When we choose between options that are on a par, we can do something really rather remarkable.

当我们需要在等价选项间抉择时,我们能做出一些十分了不起的事。

108.We can put our very selves behind an option.

我们能把自身放在一个选项之后。

109.Heres where I stand.

(说道)这就是我的选择,

110.Heres who I am. I am for banking.

这就是我。我选银行业。

111.I am for chocolate donuts.

我选巧克力甜甜圈。

112.This response in hard choices is a rational response, but its not dictated by reasons given to us.

在艰难抉择中,这种反应是一种理性反应,但却不是由我们面前的各种原由所决定的。

113.Rather, its supported by reasons created by us.

反而,这是由我们自己创造的理由所支撑起来的。

114.When we create reasons for ourselves to become this kind of person rather than that, we wholeheartedly become the people that we are.

当我们为自我创造原由去成为这种人而非那种人时,我们就打心底里完完全全地成就了真正的自己。

115.You might say that we become the authors of our own lives.

你可以说,我们成了谱写自我人生篇章的作者。

116.So when we face hard choices, we shouldnt beat our head against a wall trying to figure out which alternative is better.

所以当面对艰难抉择,不应该拿脑袋撞墙绞尽脑汁地去想哪个选项更优。

117.There is no best alternative.

最佳项并不存在。

118.Instead of looking for reasons out there, we should be looking for reasons in here: Who am I to be?

与其在外界苦命寻找理由,我们该往心里找:我想成为什么样的人?

119.You might decide to be a pink sock-wearing, cereal-loving, country-living banker, and I might decide to be a black sock-wearing, urban, donut-loving artist.

你可能会决定成为一个穿粉色袜子、爱好干麦片,还住在乡村的银行家。而我可能会决定成为一个穿黑袜子,住在城市里,喜欢吃甜甜圈的艺术家。

120.What we do in hard choices is very much up to each of us.

面临艰难抉择时的反应很大程度上取决于我们自己每个人。

121.Now, people who dont exercise their normative powers in hard choices are drifters.

那些不锻炼自己规范性力量的人会成为漂流者。

122.We all know people like that.

我们都认识那样的人。

123.I drifted into being a lawyer.

我(被理性原由限定)漂流成了律师。

124.I didnt put my agency behind lawyering.

我并没有全身心投入到律师业务当中。

125.I wasnt for lawyering.

我不适合当律师。

126.Drifters allow the world to write the story of their lives.

漂流者允许这个世界谱写他们的生命篇章(被拖着走)。

127.They let mechanisms of reward and punishment -- pats on the head, fear, the easiness of an option to determine what they do.

他们让奖罚机制鼓励、畏惧、选择的简单性来决定自己的道路。

128.So the lesson of hard choices: reflect on what you can put your agency behind, on what you can be for, and through hard choices, become that person.

所以艰难抉择教会我们要审视自己能把身心与精力放到何处,自己究竟追求什么,并通过困难抉择来成为那种人。

TED英语演讲稿

TED英语演讲稿 When you are a kid, you get asked this one particular question a lot, it really gets kind of annoying. What do you want to be when you grow up? Now, adults are hoping for answers like, I want to be an astronaut or I want to be a neurosurgeon, youre adults in your imaginations. Kids, theyre most likely to answer with pro-skateboarder, surfer or minecraft player. I asked my little brother, and he said, seriously dude, Im 10, I have no idea, probably a pro-skier, lets go get some ice cream. See, us kids are going to answer something were stoked on, what we think is cool, what we have experience with, and thats typically the opposite of what adults want to hear. But if you ask a little kid, sometimes youll get the best answer, something so simple, so obvious and really profound. When I grow up, I want to be happy. For me, when I grow up, I want to continue to be happy like I am now. Im stoked to be here at TedEx, I mean, Ive been watching Ted videos for as long as I can remember, but I never thought Id make it on the stage here so soon. I mean, I just became a teenager, and like most teenage boys, I spend most of my time wondering,

ted英文演讲稿3篇范文稿

ted英文演讲稿3篇 以下这篇由应届毕业生演讲稿网站整理提供的是《阿凡达》、《泰坦尼克号》的导演詹姆斯·卡梅隆(james cameron)的一篇ted演讲。在这个演讲里,卡梅隆回顾了自己从电影学院毕业后走上导演道路的故事。卡梅隆告诉你,不要畏惧失败,永远不要给自己设限。更多演讲稿范文,欢迎访问应届毕业生演讲稿网站! i grew up on a steady diet of science fiction. in high school, i took a bus to school an hour each way every day. and i was always absorbed in a book, science fiction book, which took my mind to other worlds, and satisfied, in a narrative form, this insatiable sense of curiosity that i had. and you know, that curiosity also manifested itself in the fact that whenever i wasn't in school i was out in the woods, hiking and taking "samples" -- frogs and snakes and bugs and pond water -- and bringing it back, looking at it under the microscope. you know, i was a real science geek. but it was all about trying to understand the world, understand the limits of possibility. and my love of science fiction actually seemed mirrored in the world around me, because what was happening, this was in the late '60s, we were going to the moon, we were exploring the deep oceans.jacques cousteau was coming into our living rooms with his amazing specials that showed us animals and places and a wondrous world that we could never really have previously imagined. so, that seemed to resonate with the whole science fiction part of it.

TED英语演讲稿:如何跟压力做朋友

TED英语演讲稿:如何跟压力做朋友 压力大,怎么办?压力会让你心跳加速、呼吸加快、额头冒汗!当压力成为全民健康公敌时,有研究显示只有当你与压力为敌时,它才会危害你的健康。心理学家kelly mcgonigal 从积极的一面分析压力,教你如何使压力变成你的朋友! stress. it makes your heart pound, your breathing quicken and your forehead sweat. but while stress has been made into a public health enemy, new research suggests that stress may only be bad for you if you believe that to be the case. psychologist kelly mcgonigal urges us to see stress as a positive, and introduces us to an unsung mechanism for stress reduction: reaching out to others. kelly mcgonigal translates academic research into practical strategies for health, happiness and personal success. why you should listen to her: stanford university psychologist kelly mcgonigal is a leader in the growing field of “science-help.”through books, articles, courses and workshops, mcgonigal works to help us understand and implement the

TED英文演讲稿:谈转变心态的珠峰游(附翻译)

TED英文演讲稿:谈转变心态的珠峰游(附翻译)Last year when I was here, I was speaking to you about a swim which I did across the North Pole.去年,当我站在这里的时候,我在谈论我横跨北极的游泳。 And while that swim took place three years ago, I can remember it as if it was yesterday.那还是发生在3年前,对我则好像是昨天一般。 I remember standing on the edge of the ice, about to dive into the water, and thinking to myself, I have never ever seen any place on this earth which is just so frightening.我还记得我站在冰层的边缘,就要扎进水里,然后我自己想到,我再也再也不要看到地球上的这个地方,这里是如此的让人恐惧。 The water is completely black.The water is minus 1.7 degrees centigrade, or 29 degrees Fahrenheit.It's flipping freezing in that water. 那里的水是全黑色。水的温度是负1.7摄氏度,华氏29度。那水里就是翻动的冰块。 And then a thought came across my mind: if things go pear-shaped on this swim, how long will it take for my frozen body to sink the four and a half kilometers to the bottom of the ocean?然后一个念头在我脑

TED英语演讲稿:我们为什么要睡觉

三一文库(https://www.wendangku.net/doc/4010294482.html,)/演讲致辞/英语演讲稿TED英语演讲稿:我们为什么要睡觉 简介:一生中,我们有三分之一的时间都在睡眠中度过。关于睡眠,你又了解多少?睡眠专家russellfoster为我们解答为什么要睡觉,以及睡眠对健康的影响。 whatidliketodotodayistalkaboutoneofmyfavorites ubjects,andthatistheneuroscienceofsleep. now,thereisasound--(alarmclock)--aah,itworked--asoundthatisdesperately,desperatelyfamiliarto mostofus,andofcourseitsthesoundofthealarmclock .andwhatthattrulyghastly,awfulsounddoesisstopt hesinglemostimportantbehavioralexperiencethatw ehave,andthatssleep.ifyoureanaveragesortofpers on,36percentofyourlifewillbespentasleep,whichm eansthatifyouliveto90,then32yearswillhavebeens pententirelyasleep.

nowwhatthat32yearsistellingusisthatsleepatsome levelisimportant.andyet,formostofus,wedontgive sleepasecondthought.wethrowitaway.wereallyjust dontthinkaboutsleep.andsowhatidliketodotodayis changeyourviews,changeyourideasandyourthoughts aboutsleep.andthejourneythatiwanttotakeyouon,w eneedtostartbygoingbackintime. "enjoythehoney-heavydewofslumber."anyideaswhos aidthat?shakespearesjuliuscaesar.yes,letmegive youafewmorequotes."osleep,ogentlesleep,natures softnurse,howhaveifrightedthee?"shakespeareaga in,from--iwontsayit--thescottishplay.[correcti on:henryiv,part2](laughter)fromthesametime:"sl eepisthegoldenchainthattieshealthandourbodiest ogether."extremelyprophetic,bythomasdekker,ano therelizabethandramatist. butifwejumpforward400years,thetoneaboutsleepch angessomewhat.thisisfromthomasedison,fromthebe

ted英文演讲稿3篇

ted英文演讲稿3篇 以下这篇由XX演讲稿网站整理提供的是《阿凡达》、 《泰坦尼克号》的导演詹姆斯?卡梅隆(james cameron)的 一篇ted演讲。在这个演讲里,卡梅隆回顾了自己从电影学院毕业后走上导演道路的故事。卡梅隆告诉你,不要畏惧失败,永远不要给自己设限。更多演讲稿范文,欢迎访问XX 演讲稿网站! i grew up on a steady diet of science fiction. in high school, i took a bus to school an hour each way every day. and i was always absorbed in a book, science fiction book, which took my mind to other worlds, and satisfied, in a narrative form, this insatiable sense of curiosity that i had. and you know, that curiosity also manifested itself in the fact that whenever i wasn't in school i was out in the woods, hiking and taking "samples" -- frogs and snakes and bugs and pond water -- and bringing it back, looking at it under the microscope. you know, i was a real science geek. but it was all about trying to understand the world, understand the limits of possibility. and my love of science fiction actually seemed mirrored in

推荐下载 ted经典英文演讲稿 经典英文演讲稿-最新

ted经典英文演讲稿经典英文演讲稿 Happinessliesnotinthemerepossessionofmoney,itliesinthejoyofachievemen t,inthethrillofcreativeefforts,thejoyandmoralstimulationofworknolonge rmustbeforgotteninthemadchaseofevanescentprofits.Thesedarkdays,myfrie nds,willbeworthalltheycostus,iftheyteachusthatourtruedestinyisnottobe ministeredonto,buttoministertoourselves,toourfellowmen. 幸福并不在于单纯的占有金钱,幸福还在于取得成功后的喜悦,在于创造努力时的激-情.务必不能再忘记劳动带来的喜悦和激励,而去疯狂追逐那转瞬即逝的利润.如果这些黯淡的日子能使我们认识到,我们真正的使命不是要别人侍奉,而是要为自己和同胞们服务的话,那么,我们付出的代价是完全值得的. Ihaveadreamthatonedaythisnationwillriseupandliveoutthetruemeaningofit screed-weholdthesestruthstobeself-Oevident,thatallmenarecreatedequal. IhhaveadreamthatonedayontheredhillsofGeorgia,sonsofformerslavesandson sofformerslaveownerswillbeabletosittogetheratthetableofbrotherhood.Io h100./mmyfourlittlechildrenwillonedayliveinanationwheretheywillnotbej udgedbythecoloroftheirskinbutbythecontentoftheircharacter.ihaveadream today!Whenweallowfreedomtoring,whenweletitringfromeveryvillageandhaml et,fromeverystateandcity,wewillbeabletospeedupthatdaywhenallofGod’schildren-blackmenandwhitemen,jewsandGentiles,Catholicsandprotestants -willbeabletojoinhandsandtosinginthewordsoftheoldNegrospiritual,freea tleast,freeatlast.ThankGodAlmighty,wearefreeatlast. 我有一个梦:有一天,这个国家将站起来,并实现他的信条的真正含义:我们将扞卫这些不言而喻的真理,即所有人生来平等.我有一个梦:有一天在乔治亚洲红色的山丘上,从前的奴隶的子孙们能和奴隶主的子孙们像兄弟一样坐在同一张桌旁;我有一个梦我的四个孩子有一天将生活在这样一个国度,在那里,人们不以肤色,而是以品格来评价他们.当自由的钟声响起的时候,当我们让它从每一个村庄,每一个州,每一个城市响起的时候,我们将能够加速这一天的到来.那是,上帝

(完整版)TED英语演讲稿:二十岁是不可以挥霍的光阴

TED英语演讲稿:二十岁是不可以挥霍的光阴 5天内超过60万次浏览量的最新TED演讲“二十岁一去不再来”激起了世界各地的热烈讨论,资深心理治疗师 Meg Jay 分享给20多岁青年人的人生建议:(1)不要为你究竟是谁而烦恼,去赚那些说明你是谁的资本。(2)不要把自己封锁在小圈子里。(3)记住你可以选择自己的家庭。 Meg说:“第一,我常告诉二十多岁的男孩女孩,不要为你究竟是谁而烦恼,开始思考你可以是谁,并且去赚那些说明你是谁的资本。现在就是最好的尝试时机,不管是海外实习,还是创业,或者做公益。第二,年轻人经常聚在一起,感情好到可以穿一条裤子。可是社会中许多机会是从远关系开始的,不要把自己封锁在小圈子里,走出去你才会对自己的经历有更多的认识。第三,记住你可以选择自己的家庭。你的婚姻就是未来几十年的家庭,就算你要到三十岁结婚,现在选择和什么样的人交往也是至关重要的。简而言之,二十岁是不能轻易挥霍的美好时光。” 这段关于20岁青年人如何看待人生的演讲引起了许多TED粉丝的讨论,来自TEDx组织团队的David Webber就说:Meg指出最重要的一点便是青年人需要及早意识到积累经验和眼界,无论是20岁还是30岁,都是有利自己发展的重要事。” When I was in my 20s, I saw my very first psychotherapy

client. I was a Ph.D. student in clinical psychology at Berkeley. She was a 26-year-old woman named Alex. 记得见我第一位心理咨询顾客时,我才20多岁。当时我是Berkeley临床心理学在读博士生。我的第一位顾客是名叫Alex的女性,26岁。 Now Alex walked into her first session wearing jeans and a big slouchy top, and she dropped onto the couch in my office and kicked off her flats and told me she was there to talk about guy problems. Now when I heard this, I was so relieved. My classmate got an arsonist for her first client. (Laughter) And I got a twentysomething who wanted to talk about boys. This I thought I could handle. 第一次见面Alex穿着牛仔裤和宽松上衣走进来,她一下子栽进我办公室的沙发上,踢掉脚上的平底鞋,跟我说她想谈谈男生的问题。当时我听到这个之后松了一口气。因为我同学的第一个顾客是纵火犯,而我的顾客却是一个20出头想谈谈男生的女孩。我觉得我可以搞定。 But I didn't handle it. With the funny stories that Alex would bring to session, it was easy for me just to nod my head while we kicked the can down the road. 但是我没有搞定。Alex不断地讲有趣的事情,而我只能简单地点头认同她所说的,很自然地就陷入了附和的状态。 "Thirty's the new 20," Alex would say, and as far as I

TED英语演讲稿大全

TED英语演讲稿大全 TED英语演讲稿 I was one of the only kids in college who had a reason to go to the box at the end of the day, and that was mainly because my mother has never believed in email, in Facebook, in texting or cell phones in general. And so while other kids were BBM-ing their parents, I was literally waiting by the mailbox to get a letter from home to see how the weekend had gone, which was a little frustrating when Grandma was in the hospital, but I was just looking for some sort of scribble, some unkempt cursive from my mother. And so when I moved to New York City after college and got pletely sucker-punched in the face by depression, I did the only thing I could think of at the time. I wrote those same kinds of letters that my mother had written me for strangers, and tucked them all throughout the city, dozens and dozens of them. I left them everywhere, in cafes and in libraries, at the , everywhere. I blogged about those letters and the days when they were necessary, and I posed a kind of crazy

TED英语演讲稿:给陌生人的情书

TED英语演讲稿:给陌生人的情书 i was one of the only kids in college who had a reason to go to the p.o. box at the end of the day, and that was mainly because my mother has never believed in email, in facebook, in texting or cell phones in general. and so while other kids were bbm-ing their parents, i was literally waiting by the mailbox to get a letter from home to see how the weekend had gone, which was a little frustrating when grandma was in the hospital, but i was just looking for some sort of scribble, some unkempt cursive from my mother. and so when i moved to new york city after college and got completely sucker-punched in the face by depression, i did the only thing i could think of at the time. i wrote those same kinds of letters that my mother had written me for strangers, and tucked them all throughout the city, dozens and dozens of them. i left them everywhere, in cafes and in libraries, at the u.n., everywhere. i blogged about those letters and the days when they were necessary, and i posed a kind of crazy promise to the internet: that if you asked me for a hand-written letter, i would write you one, no questions asked. overnight, my inbox morphed into this harbor of heartbreak -- a single mother in sacramento, a girl being bullied in rural kansas, all asking me, a 22-year-old girl who barely even knew her own coffee order, to write them a love letter and give them a reason to wait by the mailbox. well, today i fuel a global organization that is fueled by those trips to the mailbox, fueled by the ways in which we can harness social media like never before to write and mail strangers letters when they need them most, but most of all, fueled by crates of mail like this one, my trusty mail crate, filled with the scriptings of

Ted中英对照演讲稿

Ted中英对照演讲稿 大人能从小孩身上学到什么 Now, I want to start with a question: When was the last time you were called childish? For kids like me, being called childish can be a frequent occurrence. Every time we make irrational demands, exhibit irresponsible behavior, or display any other signs of being normal American citizens, we are called childish, which really bothers me. After all, take a look at these events: Imperialism and colonization, world wars, George W. Bush. Ask yourself: Who's responsible? Adults. 首先我要问大家一个问题:上一回别人说你幼稚是什么时候?像我这样的小孩,可能经常会被人说成是幼稚。每一次我们提出不合理的要求,做出不负责任的行为,或者展现出有别于普通美国公民的惯常行为之时,我们就被说成是幼稚。这让我很不服气。首先,让我们来回顾下这些事件:帝国主义和殖民主义,世界大战,小布什。请你们扪心自问下:这些该归咎于谁?是大人。 Now, what have kids done? Well, Anne Frank touched millions with her powerful account of the Holocaust, Ruby Bridges helped end segregation in the United States, and, most recently, Charlie Simpson helped to raise 120,000 pounds for Haiti on his little bike. So, as you can see evidenced by such examples, age has absolutely nothing to do with it. The traits the word childish addresses are seen so often in adults that we should abolish this age-discriminatory word when it comes to criticizing behavior associated with irresponsibility and irrational thinking. 而小孩呢,做了些什么?安妮·弗兰克(Anne Frank)对大屠杀强有力的叙述打动了数百万人的心。鲁比·布里奇斯为美国种族隔离的终结作出了贡献。另外,最近还有一个例子,查理·辛普森(Charlie Simpson)骑自行车为海地募得12万英镑。所以,这些例子证明了年龄与行为完全没有关系。"幼稚"这个词所对应的特点是常常可以从大人身上看到,由此我们在批评不负责和非理性的相关行为时,应停止使用这个年龄歧视的词。 (Applause) Thank you. Then again, who's to say that certain types of irrational thinking aren't exactly what the world needs? Maybe you've had grand plans before, but stopped yourself, thinking: That's impossible or that costs too much or that won't benefit me. For better or worse, we kids aren't hampered as much when it comes to thinking about reasons why not to do things. Kids can be full of inspiring aspirations and hopeful thinking, like my wish that no one went hungry or that everything were free kind of utopia. How many of you still dream like that and believe in the

最新经典TED英语演讲稿范文

I think the cause is more complicated. I think, as a society, we put more pressure on our boys to succeedthan we do on our girls. I know men that stay home and work in the home to support wives with careers,and it's hard. When I go to the Mommy-and-Me stuff and I see the father there, I notice that the other mommies don't play with him. And that's a problem, because we have to make it as important a job,because it's the hardest job in the world to work inside the home, for people of both genders, if we're going to even things out and let women stay in the workforce. Studies show that households with equal earning and equal responsibility also have half the divorce rate.And if that wasn't good enough motivation for everyone out there, they also have more — how shall I say this on this stage? They know each other more in the biblical sense as well. Message number three: Don't leave before you leave. I think there's a really deep irony to the fact that actions women are taking — and I see this all the time — with the objective of staying in the workforceactually lead to their eventually leaving. Here's what happens: We're all busy. Everyone's busy. A woman's busy. And she starts thinking about having a child, and from the moment she starts thinking about having a child, she starts thinking about making room for that child. "How am I going to fit this into everything else I'm doing?" And literally from that moment, she doesn't raise her hand anymore, she doesn't look for a promotion, she doesn't take on the new project, she doesn't say, "Me. I want to do that." She starts leaning back. The problem is that — let's say she got pregnant that day, that day —nine months of pregnancy, three months of maternity leave, six months to catch your breath —Fast-forward two years, more often —and as I've seen it — women start thinking about this way earlier — when they get engaged, or married, when they start thinking about having a child, which can take a long time. One woman came to see me about this. She looked a little young. And I said, "So are you and your husband thinking about having a baby?" And she said, "Oh no, I'm not married." She didn't even have a boyfriend. I said, "You're thinking about this just way too early." But the point is that what happens once you start kind of quietly leaning back? Everyone who's been through this —and I'm here to tell you, once you have a child at home, your job better be really good to go back, because it's hard to leave that kid at home. Your job needs to be challenging. It needs to be rewarding. You need to feel like you're making a difference. And if two years ago you didn't take a promotion and some guy next to you did, if

五篇经典TED英语演讲稿范文

五篇经典TED英语演讲稿范文 英语演讲1 I think the cause is more complicated. I think, as a society, we put more pressure on our boys to succeedthan we do on our girls. I know men that stay home and work in the home to support wives with careers,and its hard. When I go to the Mommy-and-Me stuff and I see the father there, I notice that the other mommies dont play with him. And thats a problem, because we have to make it as important a job,because its the hardest job in the world to work inside the home, for people of both genders, if were going to even things out and let women stay in the workforce. Studies show that households with equal earning and equal responsibility also have half the divorce rate.And if that wasnt good enough motivation for everyone out there, they also have more — how shall I say this on this stage? 英语演讲2 They know each other more in the biblical sense as well. Message number three: Dont leave before you leave. I think theres a really deep irony to the fact that actions women are taking — and

相关文档
相关文档 最新文档