文档库 最新最全的文档下载
当前位置:文档库 › 新视野大学英语读写教程2课后翻译(带答案)

新视野大学英语读写教程2课后翻译(带答案)

新视野大学英语读写教程2课后翻译(带答案)
新视野大学英语读写教程2课后翻译(带答案)

Unit 1

1、她连水都不愿喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。

She wouldn't take a drink, much less could she stay for dinner.

2、他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。

He thought I was lying to him, whereas I was telling the truth.

3、这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释?

How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week?

4、他们利润增长的部分原因是采用了新的市场策略。

The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy.

5、这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。

Such measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency.

6、我们已经在这个项目上投入了大量的时间和精力,所以我们只能继续。

We have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on.

更不用说写英语文章了

much less can he write English articles

更不用说管理一家大公司了

.much less can he manage a big company

更不用说把它搬到楼上去了

.much less could he carry it upstairs

更不用说跟他谈话了

.much less have I spoken to him

更不用说大量阅读自己学科以外的东西

much less to read a lot outside of it Unit 2

Unit2

1、尽管她是家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。

Despite the fact that she is the only child in her family, she is never babied by her parents.

2、迈克没来参加昨晚的聚会,也没给我打电话作任何解释。

Mike didn't come to the party last night, nor did he call me to give an explanation.

3、坐在他旁边的那个人却是发表过一些小说,但绝不是什么大作家。

The person sitting next to him did publish some novels, but he is by no means a great

writer.

4、他对足球不感兴趣,也从不关心谁输谁赢。

He has no interest in football and is indifferent to who wins to loses.

5、经理需要一个可以信赖的助手,在他外出时,由助手负责处理问题。

The manager needs an assistant that he can count on to take care of problems in his absence.

6、这是他第一次当着那么多观众演讲。

This is the first time that he has made a speech in the presence of so large an audience.

我也不觉得有这个必要

nor do I think it necessary to do so

他们也不会去我妹妹家

nor would they go to my sister's

我们也没有她的电话号码

.nor do we have her telephone number

我也不想马上去工作

.nor would I like to go to work immediately

我也不会

.nor would I Translation

Unit 3

1、他再怎么有经验,也得学习新技术。

You are never too experienced to learn new techniques.

2、还存在一个问题,就是派谁去领导那的研究工作。

There remains one problem, namely, who should be sent to head the research there.

3、由于文化的不同,他们的关系在开始确实遇到了一些困难。

Their relationship did meet with some difficulty at the beginning because of cultural differences.

4、虽然他经历沉浮,但我始终始终相信他总有一天会成功的。

Though he has had ups and downs, I believed all along that he would succeed someday.

5、我对你的说法的真实性有些保留看法。

I have some reservations about the truth of your claim.

6、她长得并不特别高,但是她身材瘦,给人一种个子高的错觉。

She isn't particularly tall, but her slim figure gives an illusion of height.

Unit 4

1、有朋自远方来,不亦乐乎?

It is a great pleasure to meet friends from a far.

2、不管白猫黑猫,能抓住老鼠就是好猫。

It doesn't matter whether the cat is black or white as long as it catches mice.

3、你必须明天上午十点之前把那笔钱还给我。

You must let me have the money back without fail by ten o'clock tomorrow morning.

4、请允许我参加这个项目,我对这个项目非常感兴趣。

Allow me to take part in this project: I am more than a little interested in it.

5、人人都知道他比较特殊:他来去随意。

Everyone knows that he is special:He is free to come and go as he pleases.

6、看他脸上不悦的神色,我觉得她似乎有什么话想跟我说。

Watching the unhappy look on her face,I felt as though she wishes to say something to me.

只要他能得到父亲的同意

as long as she got her father's agreement

只要你为自己定下目标

.As long as you set a goal for yourself

只要她为自己支付一切费用

As long as she covers all the expenses herself

只要她做好工作

as long as she does her job well

只要你不泄气

.As long as you never lose heart Unit 5

Unit5

1、他说话很自信,给我留下了很深的印象。

He spoke confidently, which impressed me most.

2、他父亲太爱忘事,总是在找钥匙。

My father is so forgetful that he is always looking for his keys.

3、我十分感激你给我的帮助。

I'm very grateful to you for all the help you have given me.

4、光线不足,加上地面潮湿,使得驾驶十分困难。

The bad light,coupled with the wet ground,made driving very difficult.

5、由于缺乏资金,他们不得不取消了创业计划。

Being starved of funds,they had to cancel their plan to start a business.

6、每当有了麻烦,他们总是依靠我们。

They always lean on us whenever they are in trouble.

Unit 6

1、就像机器需要经常运转一样,身体也需要经常锻炼。

(Just) as a machine needs regular running, so does the body need regular exercise.

2、在美国学习时,他学会了弹钢琴。

He learned to play the piano while studying in the United States.

3、令我们失望的是,他拒绝了我们的邀请。

To our disappointment, he turned down our invitation.

4、真实情况是,不管是好是坏,随着新科技的进步,世界发生了变化。

The reality is that, for better or worse, the world has changed with advance of new technologies.

5、我班里的大多数女生在被要求回答问题时都似乎感到不自在

Most of the female students in my class appear to be ill at ease when required to answer questions.

6、当地政府负责运动会的安全。

The local government took charge of the security for the sports meeting.

空气对于人也一样

so is air to man

鹰也是鸟类之王

so is the eagle of all birds

啤酒对于英国人也一样

so is beer to the British

茶对于中国人也一样

so is tea to the Chinese

英国人一样喜欢自己的啤酒

so do the English love their beer

Unit7

1、在会上除了其他事情,他们还讨论了目前的经济形式

At the meeting they discussed, among other things, the present economic situation.

2我对大自然了解的越多,就越痴迷于大自然的奥秘

The more I learned about the nature, the more absorbed I became in its mystery.

3医生建议说,有压力的人要学会做一些新鲜有趣富有挑战性的事情,好让自己的负面情绪有发泄的渠道

The doctor recommends that those stressed people should try something new, interesting and challenging in order to give their negative feelings an outlet.

4.那个学生的成绩差,但老师给他布置了更多的作业而不是减少作业

The teacher gives more homework to the student who has bad grades instead of cutting it down.

5相比之下,美国的父母更趋向于把孩子的成功归因于天赋

. By contrast, American parents are more likely to attribute their children's success to

natural talent.

6教师首先要考虑的事情之一就是唤起学生的兴趣,激发他们的创造性

. One of a teacher's priorities is to stimulate students' interests and their creativity. Unit8

1她一点也不知道,这幅画有一天居然会价值100多万美金

. Little did she know that this picture would one day be worth more than a million dollars.

2虽然我理解你说的话,但是我不同意你在这个问题上的看法

. While I unde rstand what you say, I don’t agree with you on the issue.

3我认为警察的职责就是保护人民

. I think the police are meant to protect people.

4昨天我去看他,却发现他已于几天前出国了

. I went to see him yesterday, only to find that he had gone abroad several days before.

5. 在每周理会上,每个人的发言都不能偏离会议议题

At the weekly meeting, everyone must confine their remarks to the subject.

6要是我没说那些愚蠢的话该多好,那时我太年轻不能明辨是非

If only I hadn’t said those silly words! I was too young then to distinguish right from

wrong.

第三版新视野大学英语第二册课文翻译

第三版新视野大学英语第二册课文翻译 Unit 1 An impressive English lesson 1 If I am the only parent who still corrects his child's English, then perhaps my son isright. To him, I am a tedious oddity: a father he is obliged to listen to and aman absorbed in the rules of grammar, which my son seems allergic to. 2 I think I got serious about this only recently when I ran into one of my former students,fresh from an excursion to Europe. "How was it?" I asked, full of earnest anticipation. 3 She nodded three or four times, searched the heavens for the right words, andthen exclaimed, "It was, like, whoa!" 4 And that was it. The civilization of Greece and the glory ofRoman architecture were captured in a condensed non-statement. My student's "whoa!"was exceeded only by my head-shaking distress. 5 There are many different stories about the downturn in the proper use of English. Surelystudents should be able to distinguish between their/there/they're orthe distinctive difference between complimentary and complementary. They unfairly bearthe bulk of the

新视野读写教程第一册课后答案

新视野读写教程第一册课后答案.txt台湾一日不收复,我一日不过4级!如果太阳不出来了,我就不去上班了;如果出来了,我就继续睡觉!新视野大学英语(第一册)答案 Unit 1 Section A. Learning a Foreign Language 《读写教程 I》: Ex. II, p. 7 1. The kind and patient teacher and her positive method of praising all students often. 2. In junior middle school, his English teacher was kind and patient. He liked to answer questions in class and he made much progress in English. But, in his senior middle school, his teacher punished those who gave wrong answers. He didn’t want to answer questions any more in class. As a result, he did not make much progress in English. 3. In college and junior middle school, his English teachers were both patient and kind, but he didn’t have as many chances to answer questions in college as he did in junior middle school. 4. It requires much time, commitment and discipline to keep up with the flow of the course. 5. Hard work. 6. He could take all the time he needed to consider his ideas and write a reply before posting it on the screen. 7. Learning a foreign language taught him the value of hard work and gave him insights into another culture. 8. He could communicate with many more people than before. 《读写教程 I》: Ex. III, p. 7 1. embarrass

新视野大学英语第三版读写教程第二册课文词汇讲解

New words tedious a. boring and continuing for too long 冗长乏味的 Telling the story has become tedious, as I have done it so many times. 讲述这个故事已变得单调乏味,因为我已经讲了这么多次了。 oblige vt. (usu. passive) make sb. feel that it is necessary to do sth. 迫使;使负有义务 He felt obliged to help his mother, even if it meant leaving college. 他觉得有责任帮助母亲,即使这意味着他要离开大学。 absorbed a. so interested or involved in sth. that you do not notice anything else 极感兴趣的;全神贯注的;专注的 Time passes quickly when you are absorbed in reading a good book. 在聚精会神地读一本好书的时候,时间过得非常快。 allergic a. 1 (be ~ to sth.) (infml.) if you are allergic to sth., you do not like it and try to avoid it 不喜欢某事;对某事反感 Most men are allergic to housework. 大多数男人都不喜欢做家务。 2 having an allergy 过敏的 I do not enjoy picnics because I am allergic to grass. 我不喜欢野餐,因为我对草过敏。excursion n. [C] a short journey you take for pleasure 短途出行;远足 It was such a wonderful day that they decided to take a day excursion to the mountain. 这么好的天气,他们决定去山上一日游。 Included in the Beijing tour is an excursion to the Great Wall. 北京之行包括了游览长城。

新视野大学英语读写教程2答案及课本翻译

新视野大学英语读写教程2 第一单元 1. charge 2. convention 3. efficient 4. obtain 5. competent 6. asessing 7. fulfill 8. conducting 9. consequently 10. significance IV. 1. behind 2. at 3. in 5. to 6. to 10. for V. 1. L 2. C 4. N 5. O 7. E 10. K Word Building VI. 2. attraction 3. appointment 5. civilization 11. acquisition VII. 4. considerable 5. remarkable Sentence Structure VIII. less can he write English articles less can he manage a big company less could he carry it upstairs less have I spoken to him less to read a lot outside of it IX. meals at home can cost as little as two or three dollars, whereas eating out at a restaurant is always more expensive. thought she was rather proud,whereas in fact she was just very shy. have never done anything for them, whereas they have done so much for us. prefers to stay for another week, whereas her husband prefers to leave immediately. praise him highly,whereas others put him down severely. Translation X. wouldn't take a drink, much less could she stay for dinner. thought I was lying to him,whereas I was telling the truth. do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy. measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency. have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on. XI. 1.我认为他不会抢劫,更不用说暴力抢劫了. 2.男工平均工资每小时10美元,而女工才每小时7美元. 3.自然界的平衡一旦遭到破坏,就会带来很多不可预知的影响. 4.期终考试迫在眉睫,你最好多花点时间看书. 5.有趣的是,消费者发现越来越难以辨别某些品牌的原产国.其部分原因来自于全球化带来的影响,部分原因是由于产地的变化. 6.最近一次调查表明,妇女占总劳动力的40%.

新视野大学英语2 第二单元课文中文翻译

奥ào运yùn会h uì优yōu秀x iù的d e标biāo准zhǔn 奥林匹克运动会依然是一个为竞争而竞争的最纯粹的例子。运动员们在事业和身体上做出牺牲,他们冒着受伤、受挫和彻底失败的危险,仅仅为了国家和自身的荣誉而竞争。为了获得这样的荣誉,运动员必须发挥出在自己的项目上的最佳水平,在世界最大的竞技舞台上发挥模范作用。虽然必须承认,有的运动员利用兴奋剂来提升自己的表现,从而取得优势,但他们从未获得过奥运会所能给予的唯一真正的奖赏,那就是荣誉。而且他们也从未体验过通过刻苦训练与决心这些美德而获胜所带来的光荣感。 迄今为止,卡尔.刘易斯是奥运会田径项目最伟大的选手,也是奥运会精神的典范。这不仅是因为他屡屡获得金牌,——刘易斯在四个项目的比赛中获得九枚金牌,在100米短跑和跳远比赛中保持世界纪录——而且是因为他天性中所富有的竞争力和从1984年到1996年间在每一届奥运会上所表现出的竞争和获胜的能力。如果不是美国拒绝出席1980年奥运会,他也会参加那一年的奥运竞赛。凭借速度、稳定的发挥,诚实,尤其是获胜的渴望,刘易斯的表现非秒表所能计量,甚至时间也停滞不前。他要求自己发挥出最佳水平,而他取得好成绩靠的不是服用药物,而是无与伦比的自制力和训练时的完全投入。 令人惊讶的是,卡尔.刘易斯的父母在他年幼时鼓励他去上音乐课,而不是去参加田径训练。但是他不愿意去,而是把一条胶带粘在地上,以此标出跳远世界纪录的距离,然后以非凡的决心开始向着目标练习跳远。他的父母评价道:“有些孩子今天想着以后当消防员,明天又梦想成为电影明星。卡尔决心练习田径,后来始终没有改变。他说他想成为最好的,就这些。”他多年的训练和从容的自信为他以后卓越的田径生涯打好了基础。

新视野大学英语读写教程1答案(全)精编版

新视野大学英语(第2版)第1册Unit 1答案 III. 1. rewarding 2. communicate 3. access 4. embarrassing 5. positive 6. commitment 7. virtual 8. benefits 9. minimum 10. opportunities IV. 1. up 2. into 3. from 4. with 5. to 6. up 7. of 8. in 9. for 10.with V. 1.G 2.B 3.E 4.I 5.H 6.K 7.M 8.O 9.F 10.C Sentence Structure VI. 1. Universities in the east are better equipped, while those in the west are relatively poor. 2. Allan Clark kept talking the price up, while Wilkinson kept knocking it down. 3. The husband spent all his money drinking, while his wife saved all hers for the family. 4. Some guests spoke pleasantly and behaved politely, while others wee insulting and impolite. 5. Outwardly Sara was friendly towards all those concerned, while inwardly she was angry. VII. 1. Not only did Mr. Smith learn the Chinese language, but he also bridged the gap between his culture and ours. 2. Not only did we learn the technology through the online course, but we also learned to communicate with friends in English. 3. Not only did we lose all our money, but we also came close to losing our lives. 4. Not only do the workers want a pay increase, but they also want reduced working hours. 5. Not only is the house expensive, but it is also too far away from my company. Translation VIII. 1. Not only can students choose when and where to learn for an online course, but they can also take time to think through answers before making a reply. 2. She is excited by the idea of online learning while be considers it meaningless and useless. 3. Communicating with native English speakers is a very rewarding experience from which we can learn a lot. 4. Today, more and more people have access to the Internet through which they look for the information they need. 5. He wants her to give up working and stay home to look after the children. She feels, however, that this is too much for her. 6. Now that we have finished the course, we shall start doing more revision work. IX. 1. 我永远都不会忘记那位老师,是他告诉我学外语是有趣的、有价值的。如果

新视野大学英语(第三版)读写教程第二册课文翻译(全册)

新视野大学英语第三版第二册读写课文翻译 Unit 1 Text A 一堂难忘的英语课 1 如果我是唯一一个还在纠正小孩英语的家长,那么我儿子也许是对的。对他而言,我是一个乏味的怪物:一个他不得不听其教诲的父亲,一个还沉湎于语法规则的人,对此我儿子似乎颇为反感。 2 我觉得我是在最近偶遇我以前的一位学生时,才开始对这个问题认真起来的。这个学生刚从欧洲旅游回来。我满怀着诚挚期待问她:“欧洲之行如何?” 3 她点了三四下头,绞尽脑汁,苦苦寻找恰当的词语,然后惊呼:“真是,哇!” 4 没了。所有希腊文明和罗马建筑的辉煌居然囊括于一个浓缩的、不完整的语句之中!我的学生以“哇!”来表示她的惊叹,我只能以摇头表达比之更强烈的忧虑。 5 关于正确使用英语能力下降的问题,有许多不同的故事。学生的确本应该能够区分诸如their/there/they're之间的不同,或区别complimentary 跟complementary之间显而易见的差异。由于这些知识缺陷,他们承受着大部分不该承受的批评和指责,因为舆论认为他们应该学得更好。 6 学生并不笨,他们只是被周围所看到和听到的语言误导了。举例来说,杂货店的指示牌会把他们引向stationary(静止处),虽然便笺本、相册、和笔记本等真正的stationery(文具用品)并没有被钉在那儿。朋友和亲人常宣称They've just ate。实际上,他们应该说They've just eaten。因此,批评学生不合乎情理。 7 对这种缺乏语言功底而引起的负面指责应归咎于我们的学校。学校应对英语熟练程度制定出更高的标准。可相反,学校只教零星的语法,高级词汇更是少之又少。还有就是,学校的年轻教师显然缺乏这些重要的语言结构方面的知识,因为他们过去也没接触过。学校有责任教会年轻人进行有效的语言沟通,可他们并没把语言的基本框架——准确的语法和恰当的词汇——充分地传授给学生。

大学英语读写二答案

新视野大学英语读写教程第二版第二册课后练习答 案 unit 1 Section A: Vocabulary III. 1. charge 2. convention 3. efficient 4. obtain 5. competent 6. assessing 7. fulfill 8. conducting 9. consequently 10. significance IV. 1. behind 2. at 3. in 4.out 5. to 6. to 7.in 8.with 9.but 10. for V. 1. L 2. C 3.D 4. N 5. O 6.A 7. E 8.G 9.I 10. K Word Building VI. https://www.wendangku.net/doc/8a18284103.html,mitment 2. attraction 3. appointment 4.impression 5. civilization https://www.wendangku.net/doc/8a18284103.html,position 7.confusion 8.congratulation 9.consideration 10.explanation 11. acquisition 12.depression VII.

1.advisable 2.disirable 3.favorable 4. considerable 5. remarkable 6.preferable 7.drinkable 8.acceptable Sentence Structure VIII. 1.much less can he write English articles 2.much less can he manage a big company 3.much less could he carry it upstairs 4.much less have I spoken to him 5.much less to read a lot outside of it IX. 1.Having meals at home can cost as little as two or three dollars, whereas eating out at a restaurant is always more expensive. 2.We thought she was rather proud,whereas in fact she was just very shy. 3.We have never done anything for them, whereas they have done so much for us. 4.Natalie prefers to stay for another week, whereas her husband prefers to leave immediately. 5.Some praise him highly,whereas others put him down severely.

新视野大学英语第三版第二册读写课文翻译

新视野大学英语第三版第二册读写课文所有翻译 Unit 1 Text A 一堂难忘的英语课 1 如果我是唯一一个还在纠正小孩英语的家长,那么我儿子也许是对的。对他而言,我是一个乏味的怪物:一个他不得不听其教诲的父亲,一个还沉湎于语法规则的人,对此我儿子似乎颇为反感。 2 我觉得我是在最近偶遇我以前的一位学生时,才开始对这个问题认真起来的。这个学生刚从欧洲旅游回来。我满怀着诚挚期待问她:“欧洲之行如何?” 3 她点了三四下头,绞尽脑汁,苦苦寻找恰当的词语,然后惊呼:“真是,哇!” 4 没了。所有希腊文明和罗马建筑的辉煌居然囊括于一个浓缩的、不完整的语句之中!我的学生以“哇!”来表示她的惊叹,我只能以摇头表达比之更强烈的忧虑。 5 关于正确使用英语能力下降的问题,有许多不同的故事。学生的确本应该能够区分诸如their/there/they're之间的不同,或区别complimentary 跟complementary之间显而易见的差异。由于这些知识缺陷,他们承受着大部分不该承受的批评和指责,因为舆论认为他们应该学得更好。 6 学生并不笨,他们只是被周围所看到和听到的语言误导了。举例来说,杂货店的指示牌会把他们引向stationary(静止处),虽然便笺本、相册、和笔记本等真正的stationery(文具用品)并没有被钉在那儿。朋友和亲人常宣称They've just ate。实际上,他们应该说 They've just eaten。因此,批评学生不合乎情理。 7 对这种缺乏语言功底而引起的负面指责应归咎于我们的学校。学校应对英语熟练程度制定出更高的标准。可相反,学校只教零星的语法,高级词汇更是少之又少。还有就是,学校的年轻教师显然缺乏这些重要的语言结构方面的知识,因为他们过去也没接触过。学校有责任教会年轻人进行有效的语言沟通,可他们并没把语言的基本框架——准确的语法和恰当的词汇——充分地传授给学生。 8 因为语法对大多数年轻学生而言枯燥且乏味,所以我觉得讲授语法得一步一步、注重技巧地进行。有一天机会来了。我跟儿子开车外出。我们出发时,他看到一只小鸟飞得很不稳,就说:“它飞的不稳。”(It's flying so unsteady.)我小心翼翼地问:“儿子,鸟怎么飞?” “有问题吗?我说得不对吗?(Did I say anything incorrectly?)” 他一头雾水。“太好了,你说的是incorrectly 而不是incorrect。我们用副词来描述动词。所以,要用unsteadily来描述鸟飞,而不是unsteady。”

(第三版)新视野大学英语读写教程1答案

(第三版)新视野大学英语读写教程1答案

Unite 1 1.选词填空 explore(v.勘探,探测) transmit(v.传送,传递,传播) resource(n.资源) emerge(v.出现,为···所公认) yield(v.产生,出产,屈从,让步) pose(v.摆姿势,导致) assume(v.认为,假定,假设) confidence(n.信任信赖,自信心) inherit(v.沿袭,秉承,继承) comprehensive(a.综合的,多方面的) 1. Given the chance to show his ability, he regained confidence and began to succeed in school. 2. It is so difficult to explore the bottom of the ocean because some parts are very deep. 3. It was about 30 seconds before Alex emerged from the water; we were quite scared. 4. We often assume that when other people do the same things as we do, they do them for the same reasons; but this assumption is not always reasonable. 5. There is widespread concern that the rising unemployment may pose a threat to social stability. 6. After a(n) comprehensive physical exam, my doctor said I was in good condition except that my blood pressure was a little high. 7. It is well known that China is a country with rich natural resources and a very big population. 8. Some people believe that the earth can yield enough food to support at least twice its present population. 9. Sam inherited the gift of imagination from his family, but he lacked the driving power to take action. 10. A bee that has found honey is able to transmit to other bees the information they need in order to collect the honey. 2.15选10 attain赢得,获得,得到 fascinating迷人的,吸引人fulfill履行,执行pursue追求,致力于 available可获得的可利用的 qualify使合适,合格raise提升,增加 passion强烈的爱好,热爱 virtually实际上classify分类归类 acquire获得,取得,学到 fashionable流行的especially特别的 sample样品,标本 prosperous繁荣的University students come from different parts of the country with various purposes. However, a closer look at their reasons for studying at the university will enable us to (1)classify them roughly into three groups: those who have a(n) (2)passion for learning, those who wish to (3)attain a bright future, and those who learn with no definite purpose. Firstly, there are many students who learn simply because they (4)pursue their goal of learning. Some read a wealth of British and American novels because they are keenly interested in literature. Others sit in front

新视野大学英语2读写教程课文翻译课后答案翻译

1.她连水都不愿意喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。 She wouldn’t take a drink, much less would she stay for dinner. 2.他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。 He thought I was lying to him, whereas I was telling the truth. 3. 这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释? How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week? 4.他们利润增长的部分原因是采用了新的市场策略。 The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy. 5. 这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。 Such measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency. 6. 我们已经在这个项目上投诉了大量时间和精力,所以我们只能继续努力。 We have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on. 1. 尽管她在家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。 Despite the fact that she is the only child in her family, she is never babied by her parents. 2. 迈克没来参加昨晚的聚会,也没给我打电话作任何解释。 Mike didn’t come to the party last night, nor did he call me to give an explanation. 3.坐在他旁边的那个人确实发表过一些小说,但绝不是什么大作家。 The person sitting next to him did publish some novels, but he is by no means a great writer. 4. 他对足球不感兴趣,也不关心谁输谁赢。He has no interest in football and is indifferent to who wins or loses. 5. 经理需要一个可信赖的助手,在他外出时,由助手负责处理问题。The manager needs an assistant that he can count on to take care of problems in his absence. 6.这是他第一次当着那么多观众演讲。 This is the first time that he has made a speech in the presence of so large an audience. 1. 你再怎么有经验,也得学习新技术。 You are never too experienced to learn new techniques. 2. 还存在一个问题,那就是派谁去带领那里的研究工作。 There remains one problem, namely, who should be sent to head the research there. 3. 由于文化的不同,他们的关系在开始确实遇到了一些困难。 Their relationship did meet with some difficulty at the beginning because of cultural differences. 4. 虽然他历经沉浮,但我始终相信他总有一天会成功的。 Though he has had ups and downs, I believed all along that he would succeed someday. 5. 我对你的说法的真实性有些保留看法。 I have some reservations about the truth of your claim. 6. 她长得不特别高,但是身材瘦,给人一种个子高的错觉。 She isn't particularly tall, but her slim figure gives an illusion of height. 1.有朋自远方来,不亦乐乎。 It is a great pleasure to meet friends from afar. 2. 不管黑猫白猫,能抓住老鼠就是好猫。 It doesn't matter whether the cat is black or white as long as it catches mice.

新视野大学英语第三版读写2网络答案

Key to Exercises (NHCE 2) Unit 1 Sectio n A Words in use 3 1 condense 2 exceed 3 deficit 4 exposure 5 asset 6 adequate 7 compete nt 8 adjusti ng 9 precisely 10 ben eficial Word building 4 man agerial editorial substa nee survival traditi on margin con siste ncy accuracy efficie nt recovery mini stry assembly Word buildi ng 5 1 editorial 2 recovery 3 accuracy 4 substa nee 5 man agerial 6 margin 7 assembly 8 Mi nistry 9 survival 10 tradition 11 con siste ncy 12 efficie nt Ban ked cloze 1 obliged : 2 tedious 3 ben eficial 4 abundant 5 adjusted 6 bulk 7 evide ntly 8 fun ctio ns 9 efficie ntly 10 distress Expressi ons in use 1 feel obliged to 2 be serious about 3 run into 4 distinguish between 5 thrust upon 6 was allergic to 7 get lost 8 be attracted to 9 make sense 10 looked upon as Tran slatio n 人们普遍认为英语是一种世界语言, 经常被许多不以英语为第一语言的国家使用。 与其 他语言一样,英语也发生了很大的变化。英语的历史可以分为三个主要阶段: 古英语,中 古英语和现代英语。英语起源于公元5世纪,当时三个日耳曼部落入侵英国, 他们对英语语 言的形成起了很大的作用。在中世纪和现代社会初期,英语的 影响遍及不列颠群岛。从 17 世纪初,它的影响力开始在世界各地显现。 欧洲几百年的探险和殖民过程导致了英语的重大 变化。今天,由于美国电影、电视、音乐、 贸易和技术、包括互联网的大受欢迎,美国英 语的影响力尤其显著。 Chinese calligraphy is a unique art and the unique art treasure in the world. The formation and developme nt of the Chin ese calligraphy is closely related to the emerge nee and evolutio n of Chin ese characters .In this long evoluti onary process, Chin ese characters have n ot on ly played an importa nt role in excha nging ideas and tran smitt ing culture but also developed into a unique art form. Calligraphic works well reflect calligraphers' pers onal feeli ngs, kno wledge, self-cultivati on, personality, and so forth, thus there is an expression that "seeing the calligrapher's handwriting is like seeing the person". As one of the treasures of Chinese culture, Chinese calligraphy shines sple ndidly in the world's treasure house of culture and art. Unit 1 Sectio n B Words in use 8 ignorance 9 expa nd 10 con fusi on Expressi ons in use 1 apply to 2 in a bid to 3 end up Leaving …behind 8 focus on 1 mysterious 2 desperate 3 devise 4 n egotiate 5 recalled 6 specifically 7 depict 4 Speak ing of 5 get hold of 6 appealed to

第三版新视野大学英语第二册课文翻译

Unit 1 An impressive English lesson 1 If I am the only parent who still corrects his child's English, then perhaps my son is right. To him, I am a tedious oddity: a father he is obliged to listen to and a man absorbed in the rules of grammar, which my son seems allergic to. 2 I think I got serious about this only recently when I ran into one of my former students, fresh from an excursion to Europe. "How was it?" I asked, full of earnest anticipation. 3 She nodded three or four times, searched the heavens for the right words, and then exclaimed, "It was, like, whoa!" 4 And that was it. The civilization of Greece and the glory of Roman architecture were captured in a condensed non-statement. My student's "whoa!" was exceeded only by my head-shaking distress. 5 There are many different stories about the downturn in the proper use of English. Surely students should be able to distinguish between their /there /they're or the distinctive difference between complimentary and complementary . They unfairly bear the bulk of the criticism for these knowledge deficits because there is a sense that they should know better. 6 Students are not dumb, but they are being misled everywhere they look and listen. For example, signs in grocery stores point them to the stationary , even though the actual stationery items —pads, albums and notebooks —are not nailed down. Friends and loved ones often proclaim they've just ate when, in fact, they've just eaten . Therefore, it doesn't make any sense to criticize our students. 7 Blame for the scandal of this language deficit should be thrust upon our schools, which should be setting high standards of English language proficiency. Instead, they only teach a little grammar and even less advanced vocabulary. Moreover, the younger teachers themselves evidently have little knowledge of these vital structures of language because they also went without exposure to them. Schools fail to adequately teach the essential framework of language, accurate grammar and proper vocabulary, while they should take the responsibility of pushing the young onto the path of competent communication. 8 Since grammar is boring to most of the young students, I think that it must be handled delicately, step by step. The chance came when one day I was driving with my son. As we set out on our trip, he noticed a bird in jerky flight and said, "It's flying so unsteady." I carefully asked, "My son, how is the bird flying?" "What's wrong? Did I say anything incorrectly?" He got lost. "Great! You said incorrectly instead of incorrect . We use adverbs to describe verbs. Therefore, it's flying so unsteadily but not so unsteady ." 9 Curious about my correction, he asked me what an adverb was. Slowly, I said, "It's a word that tells you something about a verb." It led to his asking me what a verb was. I explained, "Verbs are action words; for example, Dad drives the truck. Drive is the verb because it's the thing Dad is doing." 10 He became attracted to the idea of action words, so we listed a few more: fly, swim, dive, run . Then, out of his own curiosity, he asked me if other words had names for their use and functions. This led to a discussion of nouns, adjectives, and articles. Within the span of a 10-minute drive, he had learned from scratch to the major parts of speech in a senten ce. It was painl ess lear ning and great fun!

相关文档
相关文档 最新文档