文档库 最新最全的文档下载
当前位置:文档库 › 《坚不可摧》中英双译

《坚不可摧》中英双译

《坚不可摧》中英双译
《坚不可摧》中英双译

You cann't connect the dots looking forward.

你无法把点滴往未来联系

You can only connect them looking backwards.

只能透过回顾才能看见

So you have to trust that the dots will somehow will connect in your future. 因此你必须相信过去的点滴能串联未来

You have to trust in something.

你必须有信念

Your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.

不管那是你的胆识、命运、人生、还是因果报应

Because believing that the dots will connect down the road.

因为把过去点滴串联起来

Will give you the confidence to follow your heart.

才能有信念忠于自我

Even when it leads you off the well worn path.

即使你选择和别人不一样

And that will make all the difference.

这会使你与众不同

Your time is limited,

你的时间有限

So don’t waste it living someone else’s life.

不要浪费活在其他人的生命之中

Don’t be trapped by dogma:

别受规条拘束

Which is living with the res ults of other people’s thinking.

别活在其他人对你的期望之中

Don’t let the noise of other opinions drown out your own inner voices.

别让批评,抹去你内心的声音

You’ve got to find what you love.

你必须找到你热爱的事物

And that is true for works as it’s for your lovers.

包括你热爱的事业和你的伴侣

Your work is gonna fill a large part of your life.

你的事业将占据你大半人生

And the only way to be truly satisfiedIs to do what you believe is great work 相信你做的工作是对的,你才能发自内心获得满足

And the only way to do a great workIs to love what you do

而只有爱你所做的事,才能成就不凡

If you haven’t found it yet

如果你还没有找到

Keep looking and don’t settle

那继续找别安逸下来

Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition

有勇气顺从自己的心和直觉

There somehow, already knowWhat you truly want to become.

你的内心早就知道你未来的梦想

That you going to have some ups and you’re going to have some downs

但是你不可能一路顺风

Most people gave up on themselves easily

大多数人轻易放弃

You know that a human spirit is powerful?

但你知道认的意志有多强大吗?

There is nothing as powerful –it’s hard to kill the human spirit!

意志是无可比拟的坚强又富韧性的!

Anybody can feel good when they have their health, they bills are paid, they have happy relationships

任何人在财务、情感生活、健康良好的环境中,都能感到幸福

Anybody can be positive then,

任何人都能自得其满

Anybody can have a large of vision then

任何人都能有伟大的理想

Anybody can have a lot of faith under those kind of circumstances

任何人都能有信念

The real challenge of growth, mentally, emotionally and spiritually comes when you get knocked down.

真正的试验你的信念、信仰和意志,是当你被击倒的时候

It takes courage to act

起身而行需要有勇气

Part of being hungry when you’ve been defeated

被击倒仍能谦虚

It takes courage….To start over again

需要有勇气放下并重新开始

Fear kills dream

恐惧,扼杀梦想

Fear kills hope

恐惧,扼杀希望

Fear….put peop le in the hospital

恐惧,使人一蹶不振

Fear can age you

恐惧使你衰老

Can hold you back from doing something that you know within yourself that you are capable of doing,

阻止你去做能做到的事

But it will paralyzed you

但是,它也会使你麻木不仁

At the end of your feelings is nothing,

每个情绪起伏,仍然一无所成

But at the end of every principle is a promise

但是每个原则,是自我的承诺

Behind your little feelings, it might not be absolutely nothing at the end of your little feelings

你的喜怒哀乐,最后也许什么都没有

But behind every principle is a promise

但是每当下决心,是一种承诺

And some of you in your lifeThe reason why you are not in your goal right now, because you just all about your feelings

你们有些人,至今尚未成功,那是因为你们过于情绪化

All on your feelings, you don’t feel like waking up, s o who does?

你被情绪所主导,像是早上心情不好,不想起床,谁想?

Everyday you say ‘no’ to your dreams,

每天你不面对自己的梦想

You might be pushing your dreams back a whole six months, a whole year!

你也许会把目标延后整整六个月,或是一年!

That one single day, that one day you didn’t get up could have pushed your stuff back I don’t know how long

就是那没有起身鞭策自己的那一瞬间,你不晓得退后了多少

Don’t allow your emotion to control you.

别让你的情感控制你!

We are emotional but we wanna begin to discipline your emotion

我们是情感的动物,但是你必须纪律你的情感

If you don’t discipline and contain yo ur emotion, they will use you.

你要是没有纪律情感,你将会被吞噬

You want it and you’re going to go all out to have it

你想要全力以赴,毫不保留

It’s not going to be easy, when you want to change

当你想改变的时候,不会很容易

It’s not easy. If it were in fact easy, everybody would do it

如果很容易的话,每个人都可以做到啦!

But if you’re serious, you’ll go all out

但是你认真,全力以赴

I’m in control here

我是主导者,主宰着自我

I’m not going to let this let this get me down; I’m not going to let this destroy me!

不会让外在事物打击我,摧毁我

I’m coming back!

我重新站起来

And I’ll be stronger and better because of it

而我会变得更好,更加坚强

You have got to make a declaration

你必须下定决心

That this is what you stand forYou standing up for your dreamYou standing up for piece of mindYou standing up for health

如果这是你想要的梦想,不论那是健康、或是功成名就

Take full responsibility for your life

对你的人生负完全的责任

Accepts where you are and the responsibility that you’re going to take yourself where you want to go

接受现在的自己,并且负责自己能做得更好

You can decide that I am going to live each day as if it were my last

你必须把每一天当作最后一天在过

Live your life with passion

活出你的热情来!

With some drive

拿出魄力来!

Decide that you are going to push yourself

每天不断鞭策自己做得更好

The last chapter to your life has not been written yet

人生的最后一章尚未写下

And it doesn’t matter about what happened yesterday

昨日种种的事情并不重要

It doesn’t matter about what happened to you, what matter isWhat are you going to do about it? 重要的是,你要怎么做?

This year I will make this goal become a reality

今年我想要梦想成为现实

I won’t talk about it anymore

我甚至不想再讲了

I Can

I Can!

I CAN!

To persevere I think it’s important for everybody

我觉得坚持对每个人都重要

Don’t give up. Don’t give in

不要放弃,不要妥协

There’s always an answer to everything.

每件事情都有解答

伊索寓言节选中英对照

伊索寓言节选中英对照 1. THE LION AND THE MOUSE 狮和鼠 Lion was awakened from sleep by a Mouse running over his face. Rising up in anger, he caught him and was about to kill him, when the Mouse piteously entreated, saying: "If you would only spare my life, I would be sure to repay your kindness." The Lion laughed and let him go. It happened shortly after this that the Lion was caught by some hunters, who bound him by strong ropes to the ground. The Mouse, recognizing his roar, came up, and gnawed the rope with his teeth, and setting him free, exclaimed: "You ridiculed the idea of my ever being able to help you, not expecting to receive from me any repayment of your favor; but now you know that it is possible for even a Mouse to confer benefits on a Lion." 一只老鼠从一只狮子面前跑过去,将它从梦中吵醒。狮子生气地跳起来,捉住老鼠,要弄死它。老鼠哀求说:「只要你肯饶恕我这条小生命,我将来一定会报答你的大恩。」狮子便笑着放了它。 后来狮子被几个猎人捉住,用粗绳捆绑倒在地上。老鼠听出是狮子的吼声,走来用牙齿咬断绳索,释放了他,并大声说:“你当时嘲笑我想帮你的忙,而且也不指望我有什么机会报答。但是你现在知道了,就算是小老鼠,也能向狮子效劳的。” 2.THE WOLF AND THE LAMB 狼和小羊 Wolf meeting with a Lamb astray from the fold, resolved not to lay violent hands on him, but to find some plea, which should justify to the Lamb himself his right to eat him. He thus addressed him: “Sirrah, last year you grossly insulted me." "Indeed," bleated the Lamb in a mournful tone of voice, "I was not then born." Then said the Wolf, "You feed in my pasture." "No, good sir," replied the Lamb, "I have not yet tasted grass." Again said the Wolf, "You drink of my well." "No," exclaimed the Lamb, "I never yet drank water, for as yet my mother’s milk is both food and drink to me." On which the Wolf seized him, and ate him up, saying, "Well! I won’t remain supperless, even though you refute every one of my imputations." The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny. 一只狼瞧见一只迷路失群的小羊,决定暂缓下毒手,想先找一些理由,对小羊证明自己有吃它的权利。它就说:“小鬼!你去年曾经骂过我。”小羊可怜地说:“老实说,我去年还没有出生呢。”狼再说:“你在我的草地上吃过草。” 小羊回答说:“不,好先生,我还未曾尝过草的味道呢。”狼又说:“你喝过我井里的水。”小羊叫道:“不,我从没有喝过水,因为直到今天为止,我都是吃着母亲的奶汁。”狼一听这话,便抓住它,把它吃下去,便说:“好!即使你驳倒我每一句话,我终究要吃晚餐的!”暴君总有他暴行的借口。 3. THE ASS AND THE GRASSHOPPER 驴和蚱蜢 Ass having heard some Grasshoppers chirping, was highly enchanted; and, desiring to possess the same charms of melody, demanded what sort of food they lived on, to give them such beautiful voices. They replied, "The dew." The Ass resolved that he would only live upon dew, and in a short time died of hunger. 一只驴听到几只蚱蜢在叫,便觉得很有趣;于是也想得到同样有趣的音调,便问蚱蜢吃什么东西过活,以致于能有这样优美的声音。蚱蜢说:“露水。”驴子听了,从此以后也单吃露水过活,不久便饿死了。

伊索寓言英文全集

伊索寓言英文全集 伊索寓言故事:树和斧子,对敌人施以小惠就是对自己残忍(双语)树和斧子本就势不两立,而树却给了樵夫一把斧子,这个故事告诉我们,不要忘恩负义,也告诉我们,对敌人施以小惠就是对自己的残忍。 英语励志故事 2012-09-11 英语励志小故事:人生变幻,“富二代”成了鞋钉匠(双语)如果故事里的“富二代”琼斯,在自己家庭很富裕时,拒绝了自己感兴趣但是很累很苦很低贱的“铁匠”工作时,那么当家产在意外 英语励志故事 2012-09-11 英语励志故事:孤岛上的故事,痛苦有时是上天的恩典(双语)人在碰到困难时,很容易会沮丧。不过无论受到折磨或者痛苦,都不用因此失去信心,因为对你来说原本是很痛苦的事,其实是上天的美妙恩典。The only s

经典古希腊神话故事双 2012-08-02 双语故事:经典古希腊神话故事汇总贴古希腊神话是世界文学艺术宝库里的一朵奇葩,它以浪漫史诗的形式再现了古希腊人的社会面貌和精神生活,滋养了上千年的欧洲文学,对西方文学的发展 英语鬼故事 2012-06-07 聊斋志异中鬼故事英文版:严父斥子(双语)This is a story from the book Strange Tales from Make-Do Studio. There was an old man with the surname Feng,he had a son named Xia 英语鬼故事 2012-06-06 Borley Rectory-英国英语鬼故事在二十世界二十年代和二十世纪三十年代的时候,鬼魂常出没的Borley Rectory,毫无疑问是英国最著名的地方之一,也成为最值得争议的话题之

伊索寓言中英版

伊索寓言中英文对照(图) 1.Hercules and the waggoner A waggoner was once driving a heavy load on a very muddy road. Suddenly the wheels of the wagon sank into the mire, and the horse could not pull them out. The waggoner threw down his whip. He knelt down and prayed to Hercules. "Hercules, help me,please," he said. But Hercules appeared to him, and said, "Man, don't kneel there. Get up and put your shoulder to the wheel." 大力神与车夫 ●一名车夫赶着货车沿着一条非常泥泞的小路前行。 ●突然,马车的轮子陷入了泥潭,马无法将它们拉出来。 ●车夫扔下鞭子,跪在地上,祈求大力神出现,"大力神啊,请来帮助我。"他说。 ●大力神出现了,却说:"朋友,用你的肩膀把车轮扛起来,再驱赶马拉车出来。跪在那里祈求我有什么用呢?" 2.The two pots There were two pots on the bank of a river. One was made of brass, and the other was made of clay. When the water rose they both floated off down the river. The earthen pot tried to stay away from the brass one. So the brass pot cried out, "Fear nothing, friend, I will not hit you." "But I may come in contact with you," said the earthen pot. "If I come too close, whether I hit you or you hit me, I shall suffer for it." After that the earthen pot floated away. 两口锅 ●河中漂流着一个瓦锅和一个铜锅。 ●每当潮涨潮落时,瓦锅就尽量地远离铜锅。铜锅大叫:"别害怕,朋友,我不会撞你的。" ●"但是我有可能会和你接触,"瓦锅对铜锅说,"如果我离你太近,无论是你碰到我,或者是我自己不小心碰到你,我都会碎的。" ●然后,瓦锅就漂走了。 3.The milkmaid and her pail A milkmaid was going to the market. She carried her milk in a pail on her head. As she went along she began calculating what she would buy after she had sold the milk. "I'll buy a new dress, and when I go to the ball, all the young men will dance with me!" As she spoke she tossed her head back. The pail immediately fell off her head, and all the milk was spilt. The girl went back without anything. She felt very sad. "Ah, my child," said her mother. "Do not count your chickens before they are hatched." 挤牛奶的姑娘 ●一个农家挤奶姑娘头顶着一桶牛奶,前往集市。 ●走了一会儿,她开始算计起卖完牛奶后要买的东西:"我要买一身新衣服,好去参加舞会,年轻的小伙子都会邀请我跳舞。"

伊索寓言中英文对照

The Wolf and the Lamb Wolf, meeting with a lamb astray from the fold, resolved not to lay violent hands on him, but to find some plea to justify to the lamb the wolf's right to eat him. He thus addressed him: "Sirrah, last year you grossly insulted me." "Indeed," bleated the lamb in a mournful tone of voice, "I was not then born." Then said the wolf, "Y ou feed in my pasture." "No, good sir," replied the Lamb, "I have not yet tasted grass." Again said the wolf, "Y ou drink of my well." "No," exclaimed the lamb, "I never yet drank water, for as yet my mother's milk is both food and drink to me." Upon which the wolf seized him and ate him up, saying, "Well! I won't remain supperless, even though you refute every one of my imputations." The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny. 狼与小羊 一只小羊在河边喝水,狼见到后,便想找一个名正言顺的借口吃掉他。于是他跑到上游,恶狠狠地说小羊把河水搅浑浊了,使他喝不到清水。小羊回答说,他仅仅站在河边喝水,并且又在下游,根本不可能把上游的水搅浑。狼见此计不成,又说道:“我父亲去年被你骂过。”小羊说,那时他还没有出生。狼对他说:“不管你怎样辩解,反正我不会放过你。” 这说明,对恶人做任何正当的辩解也是无效的。 The Bat and the Weasels A bat who fell upon the ground and was caught by a weasel pleaded to be spared his life. The weasel refused, saying that he was by nature the enemy of all birds. The bat assured him that he was not a bird, but a mouse, and thus was set free. Shortly afterwards the bat again fell to the ground and was caught by another weasel, whom he likewise entreated not to eat him. The weasel said that he had a special hostility to mice. The bat assured him that he was not a mouse, but a bat, and thus a second time escaped. It is wise to turn circumstances to good account. 蝙蝠与黄鼠狼 蝙蝠掉落在地上,被黄鼠狼叼去,他请求饶命。黄鼠狼说绝不会放过他,自己生来痛恨鸟类。蝙蝠说他是老鼠,不是鸟,便被放了。后来蝙蝠又掉落了下来,被另一只黄鼠狼叼住,他再三请求不要吃他。这只黄鼠狼说他恨一切鼠类。蝙蝠改口说自己是鸟类,并非老鼠,又被放了。这样,蝙蝠两次改变了自己的名字,终于死里逃生。 这故事说明,我们遇事要随机应变方能避免危险。 The Ass and the Grasshopper An ass having heard some grasshoppers chirping, was highly enchanted; and, desiring to possess the same charms of melody, demanded what sort of food they lived on to give them such beautiful voices. They replied, "The dew." The ass resolved that he would live only upon dew, and in a short time died of hunger. 驴子与蚱蜢 驴子听见蚱蜢唱歌,被美妙动听的歌声所打动,自己也想能发出同样悦耳动听的声音,便羡慕地问他们吃些什么,才能发出如此美妙的声音来。蚱蜢答道:“吃露水。”驴子便也只吃露水,

长句翻译中英对照

1、Just as Darwin discovered the law of development of organic nature, so Marx discovered the law of development of human history: the simple fact, hitherto concealed by an overgrowth of ideology, that mankind must first of all eat, drink, have shelter and clothing, before it can pursue polities, science, art, religion, etc.; that therefore the production of the immediate material means of subsistence and consequently the degree of economic development attained by a given people or during a given epoch form the foundation upon which the state institutions, the legal conceptions, art, and even the ideas on religion, of the people concerned have been evolved, and in the light of which they must, therefore, be explained, instead of vice versa, as had hitherto been the case. 正像达尔文发现有机界的规律一样,马克思发现了人类历史的发展规律,即历来被繁茂芜杂的意识形态所掩盖着的一个简单事实:人们首先必须吃、喝、住、穿,然后才能从事政治、科学、艺术、宗教等活动;所以,直接的物质生活资料的生产和一个民族或一个时代的一定的经济发展程度,便构成为基础,人们的国家制度,法律的概念,艺术以至宗教概念,就是从这个基础上发展起来的,因而,也必须由这个基础来解释,而不像过去那样做得正好相反。 2、Behaviorists suggest that the child who is raised in an environment where there are many stimuli which develop his or her capacity for appropriate responses will experience greater intellectual development. 行为主义者认为, 如果儿童的成长环境里有许多刺激因素, 这些因素又有利于其适当反应能力的发展, 那么, 儿童的智力就会发展到较高的水平。 3、How it happened that a little rocky peninsula in a remote corner of the Mediterranean was able to provide our world in less than two centuries with the complete framework for all our present day experiments in politics, literature, drama, sculpture, chemistry, physics and Heaven knows what else, is a question

伊索寓言 中英文

1The Lion and the Mouse狮和鼠 Lion was awakened from sleep by a Mouse running over his face. Rising up in anger, he caught him and was about to kill him, when the Mouse piteously entreated, saying: "If you would only spare my life, I would be sure to repay your kindness." The Lion laughed and let him go. It happened shortly after this that the Lion was caught by some hunters, who bound him by strong ropes to the ground. The Mouse, recognizing his roar, came up, and gnawed the rope with his teeth, and setting him free, exclaimed: "Y ou ridiculed the idea of my ever being able to help you, not expecting to receive from me any repayment of your favour; but now you know that it is possible for even a Mouse to confer benefits on a Lion." Little friends may prove great friends. 一只老鼠从一只狮子面前跑过去,将它从梦中吵醒。 狮子生气地跳起来,捉住老鼠,要弄死它。老鼠哀求说:”只要你肯饶恕我这条小生命,我将来一定会报答你的大恩。”狮子便笑着放了它。 后来狮子被几个猎人捉住,用粗绳捆绑倒在地上。 老鼠听出是狮子的吼声,走来用牙齿咬断绳索,释放了牠,并大声说:”你当时嘲笑我想帮你的忙,而且也不指望我有什么机会报答。但是你现在知道了,就算是小老鼠,也能向狮子效劳的。” 强者不会永远是强者,强者也会有需要弱者帮助的时候。 2奔跑的小白兔A little rabbit is running A little rabbit is happily running through the forest when he stumbles upon a giraffe rolling a joint. The rabbit looks at her and says, "Giraffe my friend, why do you do this? Come with me running through the forest, you'll feel so much better!" The giraffe looks at him, looks at the joint, tosses it and goes off running with the rabbit.3 m1 Then they come across an elephant doing coke, so the rabbit again says, "Elephant my friend, why do you do this? Think about your health. Come running with us through the pretty forest, you'll feel so good!" The elephant looks at them, looks at his coke, then tosses it and starts running

英文伊索寓言:一捆木柴

英文伊索寓言:一捆木柴 原文: A Husbandman who had a quarrelsome family ,after having tried in vain to reconcile them by words ,thought he might more readily prevail by an example .So he called his sons and bid them lay a bundle of sticks before him .Then ,having tied them into a fagot, he told the lads ,one after the other ,to take it up and break it .They all tied ,but tried in vain .Then untying the fagot ,he gave them the sticks to break one by one .This they did with the greatest ease .Then said the father:"Thus you ,my sons ,as long as you remain united ,are a match for all you enemies ;but differ and separate ,and you are undone." Union is strength. 译文:一个农夫,家庭不和睦,用言语劝告大家和好,总是无效,最后他想,用实际例子可能容易说服他们。于是他把儿子都叫来,吩 咐他们抱一捆火柴放在他的面前。他把火柴捆成一捆,接着叫这些孩 子挨次拿起来折断它,一个个都试过了,但都没有折断,接着他解了捆,一根一根地给他们折,他们都轻而易举地折断了。这时父亲说:" 孩子们,只要我们团结一致,你们就能对付一切敌人;但是如果意见 不合,各自东西,那么你们一定要失败。" 团结就是力量。

【伊索寓言】名言汇总(中英文对照)非常实用

【伊索寓言】名言汇总(中英文对照)非常实用 伊索寓言名言警句汇总 (中英文对照) A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth. 骗子即使真心表白,也不会有人相信。 ——欺人者,必自欺,诚信失,一切失。 A little thing in hand is worth more than a great thing in prospect. 抓在手中的东西虽小,也胜过美妙的幻想。 ——珍惜拥有,把握当下。 All must work together or the Body will go to pieces. 人体器官应该同心协力,不然,整个身体就会垮掉。 ——身心合一,百事不殆。An immense number of coins flying all over the place. 无数的钱币如天女散花,满地都是——心想装的很满,到头来抛洒满地。Any excuse will serve a tyrant. 暴君总能找到借口。

Be content with your lot; one cannot be first in everything. 知足常乐吧,人不可能在每件事上都是最出色的。——不要给自己较劲,尽心尽力就好。知足方能不辱,知止方能不殆。Better beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear. 宁可安安心心地吃蚕豆和咸肉,也不愿胆战心惊地享用糕饼和麦芽酒。——福莫大于心安,而千金不足为贵,“心安茅屋稳,性定菜根香”。 Better humble security than gilded danger. 卑微的安全胜过炫耀的危险。 ——谦下是保身第一法。Appearances are deceptive. 外表往往具有欺骗性。 Better starve free than be a fat slave. 挨饿而拥有自由,胜过饱食终日的奴隶。 人格最贵,自由最高,不为欲望屈膝折腰 Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. 记住:切莫追逐幻影而丢失实质的东西。 ——外物为虚,心灵为实;现象为幻,灵性为真。本末倒置,得不偿失。Better one safe way than a hundred on which you cannot reckon. 一种安全的方法胜过一百种靠不住的法子。——简要则得力,杂多则扰

伊索寓言(乡下的老鼠和城里的老鼠)英文翻译

伊索寓言(乡下的老鼠和城里的老鼠)英文翻译

The Country Mouse And the City Mouse 乡下老鼠和城市老鼠 The City Mouse comes to visit his old friend, the Country Mouse, who lives in the country, They have’t met for a long time, so they are very happy to see each other . 城市老鼠来拜访他的老朋友住在乡下的老鼠,他们很久没见面了,所以他们都很高兴见到对方。 The city Mouse gets off the city bus . 城市老鼠下了都市公共汽车。 Welcome , my old friend ! I am so happy to see you . 欢迎,我的老朋友!我真高兴见到你。 Hello there ,my old friend ! I missed you very much . 你好,我的老朋友!我很想你。 You must be very hungry . Let’s go to my house .I prepared two special dishes for you . 你一定很饿了,我们到我家去吧。我为你准备了两样特别的菜。 Oh thank you very much . I am very hungry . 哦,非常感谢你,我真的很饿了。 The City Mouse and the Country Mouse arrive at the Country Mouse’s tiny . old house . City Mouse looks surprised . 城市老鼠和乡下老鼠到了乡下老鼠那又小又旧的家。城市老鼠很惊讶。 My goodness ! How can you live here ? The house is so small and old . 我的天!这里你怎么住得下?这房子是这么的小和旧。 Perhaps . But it’s quiet and cozy . And I am happy here .

伊索寓言中英文

伊索寓言中英文 LG GROUP system office room 【LGA16H-LGYY-LGUA8Q8-LGA162】

1The Lion and the Mouse狮和鼠 Lion was awakened from sleep by a Mouse running over his face. Rising up in anger, he caught him and was about to kill him, when the Mouse piteously entreated, saying: "If you would only spare my life, I would be sure to repay your kindness." The Lion laughed and let him go. It happened shortly after this that the Lion was caught by some hunters, who bound him by strong ropes to the ground. The Mouse, recognizing his roar, came up, and gnawed the rope with his teeth, and setting him free, exclaimed: "You ridiculed the idea of my ever being able to help you, not expecting to receive from me any repayment of your favour; but now you know that it is possible for even a Mouse to confer benefits on a Lion." Little friends may prove great friends. 一只老鼠从一只狮子面前跑过去,将它从梦中吵醒。 狮子生气地跳起来,捉住老鼠,要弄死它。老鼠哀求说:”只要你肯饶恕我这条小生命,我将来一定会报答你的大恩。”狮子便笑着放了它。 后来狮子被几个猎人捉住,用粗绳捆绑倒在地上。 老鼠听出是狮子的吼声,走来用牙齿咬断绳索,释放了牠,并大声说:”你当时嘲笑我想帮你的忙,而且也不指望我有什么机会报答。但是你现在知道了,就算是小老鼠,也能向狮子效劳的。” 强者不会永远是强者,强者也会有需要弱者帮助的时候。 2奔跑的小白兔A little rabbit is running A little rabbit is happily running through the forest when he stumbles upon a giraffe rolling a joint. The rabbit looks at her and says, "Giraffe my friend, why do you do this Come with me running through the forest, you'll feel so much better!" The giraffe looks at him, looks at the joint, tosses it and goes off running with the m1 Then they come across an elephant doing coke, so the rabbit again says, "Elephant my friend, why do you do this Think about your health. Come running with us through the pretty forest, you'll feel so good!" The elephant looks at them, looks at his coke, then tosses it and starts running with the rabbit and giraffe. The three animals then come across a lion about to shoot up and the rabbit again says, "Lion my friend, why do you do this Think about your health! Come running with us through the sunny forest, you will feel so good!" The lion looks at him, puts down his needle, and starts to beat the hell out of the rabbit. As the giraffe and elephant watch in horror, they look at him and ask, "Lion, why did you do this He was merely trying to help us all! The lion answers, "He makes me run around the forest like an idiot each time he's on ecstasy!" 有一只小白兔快乐地奔跑在森林中,在路上它碰到一只正在卷大麻的长颈鹿。小白兔看着长颈 鹿说道:“长颈鹿我的朋友,你为什么要做这种事呢?和我一起在森林中奔跑吧,你会感觉心情舒畅很 多!”长颈鹿看看小白兔,又看看手里的大麻烟,把大麻烟向身后一扔,跟着小白兔在森林中奔跑。

(完整版)伊索寓言故事(双语)

伊索寓言故事(双语)
篇一:伊索寓言中英文对照 The Wolf and the Lamb Wolf, meeting with a lamb astray from the fold, resolved not to lay violent hands on him, but to find some plea to justify to the lamb the wolf's right to eat him. He thus addressed him: "Sirrah, last year you grossly insulted me." "Indeed," bleated the lamb in a mournful tone of voice, "I was not then born." Then said the wolf, "You feed in my pasture." "No, good sir," replied the Lamb, "I have not yet tasted grass." Again said the wolf, "You drink of my well." "No," exclaimed the lamb, "I never yet drank water, for as yet my mother's milk is both food and drink to me." Upon which the wolf seized him and ate him up, saying, "Well! I won't remain supperless, even though you refute every one of my imputations." The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny. 狼与小羊 一只小羊在河边喝水,狼见到后,便想找一个名正言顺的借口吃掉他。于是他跑到上游, 恶狠狠地说小羊把河水搅浑浊了,使他喝不到清水。小羊回答说,他仅仅站在河边喝水,并且 又在下游,根本不可能把上游的水搅浑。狼见此计不成,又说道:“我父亲去年被你骂过。”小 羊说,那时他还没有出生。狼对他说:“不管你怎样辩解,反正我不会放过 你。” 这说明,对恶人做任何正当的辩解也是无效的。 The Bat and the Weasels A bat who fell upon the ground and was caught by a weasel pleaded to be spared his life. The weasel refused, saying that he was by nature the enemy of all birds. The bat assured him that he was not a bird, but a mouse, and thus was set free. Shortly afterwards the bat again fell to the ground and was caught by another weasel, whom he likewise entreated not to eat him. The weasel said that he had a special hostility to mice. The bat assured him that he was not a mouse, but a bat, and thus a second time escaped. It is wise to turn circumstances to good account. 蝙蝠与黄鼠狼 蝙蝠掉落在地上,被黄鼠狼叼去,他请求饶命。黄鼠狼说绝不会放过他,自己生来痛恨 鸟 类。蝙蝠说他是老鼠,不是鸟,便被放了。后来蝙蝠又掉落了下来,被另一只黄鼠狼叼 住, 他再三请求不要吃他。这只黄鼠狼说他恨一切鼠类。蝙蝠改口说自己是鸟类,并非老 鼠,又 被放了。这样,蝙蝠两次改变了自己的名字,终于死里逃生。 这故事说明,我们遇事要随机应变方能避免危险。 The Ass and the Grasshopper An ass having heard some grasshoppers chirping, was highly enchanted; and, desiring to
1 / 12

伊索寓言 英汉双译

The Tortoise and the Eagles 网络版: A Tortoise, discontented with his lowly life, and envious of the birds he saw disporting themselvesin the air, begged an Eagle to teach him to fly. The Eagle protested that it was idle for him to try, as nature had not provided him with wings; but the Tortoise pressed https://www.wendangku.net/doc/ec1777334.html, him with entreaties and promises of treasure, insisting that it could only be a question of learning the craft of the air. So at length the Eagle consented to do the best he could for him, and picked him up in his talons. Soaring with him to a great height in the sky the then let him go. And the wretched Tortoise fell headlong and was dashed to pieces on a rock. 翻译: 一只乌龟,不满足于自己的地面生活,很羡慕鸟儿能在空中玩耍,于是便请求老鹰教他飞翔。老鹰劝她,这是他的一个白日梦,因为大自然并没有赋予他可以飞翔的翅膀。可是乌龟再三恳求,还用珍宝利诱老鹰,一再坚持这只是一个了解如何在空中飞翔的问题。于是,老鹰为了满足乌龟的愿望,一把抓住他,带着乌龟飞到一定高度后,就松开了鹰爪,而乌龟则落在了岩石上,被摔得粉身碎骨。 伊索寓言书: A Tortoise was dissatisfied with his lowly life and with crawling about on the ground at a snail’s pace. He envied the bird, whocould soar high into the clouds whenever they desired. He thought that, if he could but once get up into the air, he would be able to fly with the best of them. So, one day he offered an eagle all the treasures in the ocean if he would only teach him how to fly. The eagle declined and assured him that the tortoise’s desire to fly was not only absurd but impossible. However,the tortoise kept insisting and pleading so that the eagle eventually agreed to do the best he could for him. Therefore, he carried the tortoise high up in the air, and as he let go of him, he said,“Now, spread your legs!” But before the tortoise could say one word to him in response, he plunged straight down, hit a rock, and was dashed to pieces. Demand your own way, demand your own ruin.这是说,做事违反自己的本性,不理会别人的忠告,一意孤行,必然会走向毁灭。 Notes 1. lowly adj.地位低的 2. crawl v.爬行,蠕动,徐徐前进 3. plunge v.投入,跳进,陷入 4. dash v.猛撞,冲撞 翻译: 一只乌龟对自己卑微的生活感到不满,并以蜗牛的速度爬到地上。他羡慕那只鸟,他们可以在他们渴望的时候飞到云端。他认为,如果他能,但一旦进入空中,他将能够以最好的飞行。所以,有一天,他给了一只鹰,所有的宝藏,如果他只教他如何飞行。鹰的下降,并向他保证,乌龟的愿望,以飞行不仅是荒谬的,但不可能。然而,乌龟一直坚持和恳求,使鹰最终同意为他做大的努力。于是,他把乌龟抬到空中,当他放开他时,他说:“现在,把你的腿张开!“但是在乌龟

相关文档