1. ____the weather improves, we will suffer a huge loss in the tourist industry.
2. We are happy at the good news ____ Mr. Black has been awarded the Best Manager.
3. It is important that we ____ the task ahead of time.
A. will finish
D. shall finish
4. Would you please pass me the book ____ cover is black?
5. ____in the company for three years, Mark has become experienced in business
A. Having worked
B. Have been working
C. Have worked
6. Not until she arrived at the meeting room ____ she had forgotten to bring the document.
A. she realized
B. did she realize
C. she did realize
D. does she realize
7. John had never been abroad before, ____ he found the business trip very exciting.
8. ____ some students are to find employment after graduation, others will have to return to
school and earn an advanced degree.
9. We must find a way to cut prices ____ reducing our profits too much..
The Key to any successful garage sale (家庭旧物出售) is to get the word out. The best means of advertising your sale is to place an ad in the local newspaper. If you have s city and neighborhood paper, make sure you advertise in both. The ad should be large enough that it stands out. It should also include information on where the sale is located with directions, the “hot” items you’re selling and the time the sale will start and end. An ad should be placed at least two days before the sale and run until the day of your event. That way people can plan their route (路线) to the sale in advance.
Signs are another great way to inform your community. Post them in places where people gather, such as stores and community centers. Some businesses have a central bulletin board (布告栏) which is the best place to advertise. Other places to post are at the local college or university campus. This is especially helpful if your sale is happening in August or early September when students have returned to school and are looking for cheap finds.
Post signs around your neighborhood. You should also place both ads and direction signs especially if you re located on a side street without a major presence. Signs will attract and direct people. Just make sure you print in bold letters and use large direction signs so people can read the information from the front seat of their car.
11. The best way of getting out the news of your garage sale is to ____ .
A. publish the news online
B. visit people door-to-door
C. advertise the local newspaper
D. make phone calls to your neighbors
12. You should place an ad at least two days before the sale so that people can ____.
A. get enough cash for the sale
B. compare prices of the items
C. select the items they will buy
D. decide on their route in advance
13. Why should signs be posted in a community center?
A. Schools are nearby.
B. There are many stores.
C. Students often meet there.
D. More people gather there.
14. What advice is given for printing the signs according to the last paragraph?
A. Colored signs are preferred.
B. Bold letters should be used.
C. Large pictures should be included
D. Phone numbers should be provided.
15.The best title Garage Sales B. Advantages of Garage Sales
C. Importance of Garage Sales
D. Printing A ds for Garage Sales
Borrowing to start a business is not easy. Getting a bank loan, particularly for a new small business, is like going through the eye of a needle.
Banks favor established business people with a solid credit rating and a large bank account. They should also have experience in the business they propose to enter, and offer Well-prepared business that show the ability to repay the loans. If you are not such a Person, then you need to double your preparations to convince the banker to lend you that.
much needed start-up capital. If your business is new and small, bankers will need to know as much as possible about you and your business.
However, many small business owners often make the mistake of not being well prepared when going to the bank to apply for the loan. Suprisingly, many loan applicants don’t even have the slightest idea how or when they intend to repay the money they request. Often they don’t even know how much money they need. When asked how much money they want to borrow, many people give these two common responses. “How much money can I get ?”and “As much as possible.” Is it any wonder that lenders say no?
So the most important thing is do your homework before you ask for a loan.
16.By saying “Getting a bank loan…is like going through the eye of a needle”, the writer
emphasizes ____ .
A. the ability to borrow from a bank
B. the importance of borrowing money
C. the difficulty of getting a bank loan
D. the stare-up of a new small business
17. Banks prefer to give a loan to those who ____ .
A. are in need of start-up capital
B. have the ability to pay it back
C. own an old and large business
D. haven’t borrowed money before
18. What will bankers do before they give a loan to a new and small business?
A. Help to fill put a special form for getting a loan.
B. Request the business to pay a small deposit.
C. Get enough information about the business.
D. Estimate the size of loan they will give.
19. Some small business fail to get a bank loan because ____ .
A. the form they fill in is incomplete
B. their products are not technically advanced
C. the amount of money they want to borrow is too big.
D. they have no clear idea of how much they need to borrow
20. The writer advises that before applying for a bank loan, the applicant should ____ .
A. thoroughly prepare
B. do some market research
C. learn a lot about the bank
D. Know the upper limit if the loan
Google, the Internet search-engine company, has announced it will give more than twenty –five million dollars in money and investments to help the poor. The company says the effort involves using the power of information and technology to help people improve their lives. Aleem Walji works for Google. Org --- the part of the company that gives money to good causes. He said the company’s first project will help identify where infectious (传染性) disease are developing. In Southeast Asia and Africa, for example, Google. Org will work with partners to strengthen early-warning systems and take action against growing health threats.
Google, org’s second project will invest in ways to help small and medium-sized businesses grow, Walji says micro finance (小额贷款) is generally small. Sore-tern loans that create few jobs. Instead, he says Google. Org wants to develop ways to bring investors and business owners together to create jobs and improve economic growth.
Google. Org will also money to help two climate-change programs announced earlier this year. One of these programs studies ways to make renewable (再生的) energy less costly than coal-based energy. The other is examining the efforts being made to increase the use of electric cars.
The creators of Google have promised to give Google. Org about one percent of company profits and one percent of its total stock value every year. Aleem Walji says this amount may
第 3 页共8 页
increase in the future.
21. The purpose of Google’s investments is to ___ .
A. help poor people
B. develop new technology
C. expand its own business
D. increase the power of information
22. According to A leem Walji, the company’s first project is to ____.
A. set up a new system to warn people of infectious disease
B. find out where infectious diseases develop
C. identify the causes of infectious diseases
D. cure patients of infectious diseases
23. What king of businesses will benefit from Google. org’s second project?
A. Large enterprises.
B. Cross-national companies.
C. Foreign-funded corporations.
D. Small and medium-size businesses.
24. From the fourth paragraph. We learn that Google’s money is also invested to help ____ .
A. start more research programs
B. make more advanced electric cars
C. develop renewable and coal-based energy
D. conduct studies related to climate changes
25. From the last paragraph we learn that the investments by Google. Org come from ____.
A. Google’s profits and stock value
B. some international IT companies
C. the company’s own interests
D. local commercial banks
26. Not until this week were they aware of the problems with the air-conditioning units in the hotel rooms.
27. We sent an e-mail to your Sales Department a week ago asking about the goods we had ordered.
28. Candidates applying for this job are expected to be skilled at using a computer and good at spoken English.
29. It is widely accepted that the cultural industry has been one of the key industries in developed countries.
It was the night of the full moon, a time which always drives Java’s young people mad with excitement. Fireworks were lit long before the moon came out. The big noise brought people out 30 the warm night to enjoy the interesting scene. Everywhere, there were the paper remains of used fireworks lying on the ground. Little boys 31 more and covered their ears as they waited excitedly for the explosions. The moon appeared above the horizon(地平线)：huge, 32 ball high above the city, and the streets filled with people as Java began to enjoy one of the year’s greatest 33 , the Night of the Full Moon, a festival that is especially poplar with young people. More and more young Javanese 34 together and walked slowly through the night joking and chatting, they moved to-wards the mountain 35 the city. They continued to climb until they reached the old temple at the 36 of the mountain,
After they were inside the temple, they drank their water and ate their moon-cakes---delicious home-made ones, 37 of dried fruit and nuts. Outside, on the mountain young people sat cross-legged in circles chatting and telling each other jokes. And 38 , in their hundreds, more young people continued to make their way up the mountain to admire the brightly shining moon. By midnight, the fireworks had stopped shooting up from the 39 city in the valley below them. But during the night, the sound continued to be heard from the distance.
30.A. into B. at C. of D. from
31. A. lit B. bought C. piled D. removed
32. A. silver B. new C. colourful D. gold
33. A. games B. meetings C.sports D. events
34. A. danced B. gathered C. drank D. shouted
35. A. on the edge of B. on the way to C. in the center of D. in the direction of
36. A. tip B. back C. top D.bottom
37. A. fond B .little C. full D. free
38. A. so B. even C. yet D. still
39. A. clean B. gray C. peaceful D. empty
40.The company (be ) ____ in the land market since 1990 and it is now taking the lead in this
第 5 页共8 页
41.If you give us any opportunity to deal in your products, the result will be (entire) ____
42It is reported that construction of the new subway (complete) ____ next month.
43. The manager stressed the (important) ____ of developing a long-tern strategy for the
44.If the (take) ____my advice at that time, he would have got the job he applied for.
45.We (impress)____ by the high quality and fine workmanship of your products when we
visited your factory.
46.Working from home is flexible and beneficial not only to the employees but also to the
47. Only after they had performed hundreds of experiments did they succeed in (solve)
48. The local government has decided to spend more money on the (equip) _____of the
hospitals in the rural area.
49.I tried to fix the computer myself, but has made it (bad)_____ than I had expected.
A. – brand loyalty
B. – brand value
C. – buying habit
D. –buying motivation
E. – consumer survey
F. – customer service
G. – distribution channel H. – market potential
I. – market research J.—market potential
K. -- market size L.—marking goal
M.—marketing plan N. – product image
O. – reference price P.—sales analysis
Q. – sales promotion
Example : ( D )购买动机（G ）分销渠道
CashPlus gives you extra cash when you need it .
We all have times in our lives when we need extra money. Whether it’s a wedding, or a dream holiday, or financing a business venture, CashPlus can give you the means.
CashPlus is a personal line of credit that gives you cash at a low interest rate. And with no need for collateral(抵押品),application is easy.
Generous Credit Limit. Up to $100 000 cash or twice your monthly income, whichever is lower, to use as you wish.
Low Interest Rate. Enjoy a low interest rate of only 1.48%per month or 17.8%per annual as compared to other banks ’credit cards. What’s more you only pay interest when you use it.
Flexible Monthly Repayments. Enjoy flexible repayment from as little as 3% of your outstanding(未付的) balance or $30, whichever is higher. And with no fixed monthly payment, you have more control over your finance.
Convenience of Online Banking. Pay bills, make account balance enquiries, view statements, arrange funds transfers and even take control of cheques issued. Whenever and wherever through online banking.
60.What service does CashPlus offer?
It offers a ______________________of credit.
61.What is the upper credit limit for CashPlus?
Up to _____________________________
62. What is the benefit if you get cash from CashPlus?
You can enjoy a ____________________
63. How can CashPlus’ monthly repayment?
64. How can CashPlus be used?
65.Stufent Newspaper is looking for a journalist. Applicants(申请人) should be studying at
the university now, and should have at least one year’s experience in writing news reports.
The successful applicant will be expected to report on the happenings in the city and on campus. If you are interested, please send your application to the Student Newspaper office before the end of June. For more information, please visit our website.
说明：假设你是某公司的员工Susan Smith, 根据下列内容给公司人事部经理Mr.White 写一封辞职信。写信日期：2010年12月18日。
Words for reference: 辞职: resign v. /resignation n.
第7 页共8 页