文档库 最新最全的文档下载
当前位置:文档库 › Downtown Abbey Season1 Episode1

Downtown Abbey Season1 Episode1

唐顿庄园第一季第1集Downton Abbey Season 1 Episode 1

上帝啊

Oh, my God.

这不可能

That's impossible.

我这就送去

I'll take it up there now.

别傻了

Don't be stupid.

等他们起床还早呢不差这一会儿

None of them will be up for hours. What difference will it make?

吉米来了自会去送

Jimmy will do it when he comes in.

1912年四月

六点了

Six o'clock!

谢谢黛西

Thank you, Daisy.

安娜

Anna.

哪怕这辈子只有一次

Just for once in my life

我真想睡到自然醒

I'd like to sleep until I woke up natural.

炉火还旺吗

Is your fire still in?

是的帕特莫太太

Yes, Mrs Patmore.

还真是不可思议啊

Oh, my, my, will wonders never cease?

仆人们的早餐摆好了吗

Have you laid the servant's hall breakfast?

好了帕特莫太太

Yes, Mrs Patmore.

炉子擦亮了吗

And finished blacking that stove?

是的帕特莫太太

Yes, Mrs Patmore.

卧室的炉火呢

What about the bedroom fires?

都生好了帕特莫太太

All lit, Mrs Patmore.

好的带上家什

Right, well, take your things

去把底楼的火也生了

and get started on the fires on the ground floor.

动作快点

Now, hurry up.

见着威廉了吗-没有

Any sign of William? - No.

你上哪儿去了-我没迟到吧

- Where have you been? - I'm not late, am I?

我说你迟了就是迟了

You're late when I say you're late.

黛西你蜷在那儿做什么

Daisy, whatever are you doing there,

黑灯瞎火的

crouching in the dark?

你不在我也不想用

You weren't here and I didn't like to touch

脏手去拉窗帘

the curtains with me dirty hands.

说得没错

Well, quite right, too.

你怎么不开灯-我不敢

- Why didn't you put the lights on? - I daren't.

电又不是什么牛鬼蛇神

Well, it's electricity and not the devil's handiwork.

你早晚都得习惯的

You'll have to get used to it sooner or later.

人家斯凯尔顿庄园连厨房都通上电了

At Skelton Park, they've even got it in the kitchens.

为什么呀

What for?

好的帕特莫太太

Yes, Mrs Patmore.

早膳已备好卡森先生

Breakfast is ready, Mr Carson.

威廉报纸送来了吗

Ah, William, any papers yet?

送报员迟到了-见怪不怪

- They're late. - They certainly are.

把板子准备好报纸一来就可以熨了

Get the board out so you can do them as soon as they're here.

书房收拾妥当了吗

Is the library tidy?

收拾好了休斯太太

Yes, Mrs Hughes.

很好今天要彻底打扫餐厅

Good. I want the dining room given a proper going over today.

他们用完早餐你们就开始

You can do it when they've finished their breakfast.

天哪傻丫头

Oh, heavens, girl!

你是要生火又不是钻木取火

You're building a fire, not inventing it.

还剩几个了

How many have you done?

主人下楼前最后一个了

This is me last till they come downstairs.

很好

Very well.

赶紧回厨房免得被人瞧见

Now, get back down to the kitchens before anyone sees you.

他们起来了-片刻不得消停

- And they're off. - No rest for the wicked.

是玛丽小姐茶盘备好了吗

Lady Mary. Are the tea trays ready?

都准备好了帕特莫太太

All ready, Mrs Patmore.

就等水开了

If the water's boiled.

你能帮忙把另两个端上去吗

Could you give us a hand to take the other two up?

我还要服侍夫人呢

I've got her ladyship's to carry.

我来吧-后门有人

- I'll help. - Back door.

报纸终于来了威廉

The papers, at last. William!

你迟到了-是我知道但是

- You're late. - Yeah, I know, but...

但是什么-你看了就知道了

- But what? - You'll see.

先熨《泰晤士报》他早餐时只读这份

Do The Times first, he only reads that at breakfast.

再是夫人的《每日见闻报》

And the Sketch for her ladyship.

其他的等会儿再说如果需要的话

You can manage the others later, if need be.

为什么还要熨报纸-关你什么事

- Why are their papers ironed? - What's it to you?

为了让油墨干透傻丫头

To dry the ink, silly.

怎能让老爷的手弄得和你一样脏呢

We wouldn't want his lordship's hands to be as black as yours.

卡森先生我想你得看看这个

Mr Carson, I think you ought to see this.

简直不敢相信-我也是

- I can't make myself believe it. - Me neither.

老爷更衣完毕-威廉

- His lordship's dressed. - William!

别聊天了把这盘鱼蛋烩饭端上去

Will you stop talking and take this kedgeree up.

小心下面还烧着火呢

And mind the burners are still lit.

好的帕特莫太太

Yes, Mrs Patmore.

这是真的吗-恐怕是的

Is it really true? - Afraid so.

世事无常啊

Nothing in life is sure.

早安卡森

Good morning, Carson.

早安老爷

Good morning, my lord.

他们所言当真

Is it true what they're saying?

我想是的老爷

I believe so, my lord.

恐怕船上还有我们认识的人

I'm afraid we'll know some people on it.

幸存者的名单还没公布吧

I don't suppose there are any lists of survivors yet?

据我所知大多数女士被及时救出了

I understand most of the ladies were taken off in time.

你是说头等舱的女宾吧

You mean the ladies in first class?

上帝保佑那些下等舱的可怜人儿

God help the poor devils below decks.

死后能得以超度

On their way to a better life.

真是灭顶之灾啊

What a tragedy.

安娜告诉我的时候

When Anna told me,

我还以为她说梦话呢

I thought she must have dreamt it.

船上有熟人吗

Do we know anyone on board?

你妈妈认识阿斯特一家至少认识他本人

Your mother knows the Astors, at least she knows him.

我们上个月还和罗斯小姐共进晚餐

We dined with Lady Rothes last month.

势必还有其他熟人

There are bound to be others.

我以为它永不沉没呢

I thought it was supposed to be unsinkable.

没有高不可攀的山峰

Every mountain is unclimbable until someone climbs it,

也没有永不翻沉的船

so every ship is unsinkable until it sinks.

早安爸爸-早那是什么

- Good morning, Papa. - Good morning. What's that?

刚到的电报

Just arrived. Telegram.

夫人醒了吗-醒了老爷

Is her ladyship awake? - Yes, my lord.

我这就去把早餐端来-谢了

- I'm just going to take in her breakfast. - Thank you.

谁啊

Hello.

我能进来吗

May I come in?

简直太不幸了

Isn't this terrible?

一想起露西?罗斯出发有多兴奋

When you think how excited Lucy Rothes was at the prospect.

真是惨到无以言表

It's too awful for any words.

阿斯特逃过一劫了吗

Did J.J. Astor get off?

他的新婚妻子肯定获救了

Of course that new wife of his is bound to have been rescued.

我收到了乔治?莫里发来的电报

I've had a telegram from George Murray.

他有位合伙人在纽约-怎么了

One of His partners Is in New York. - Yes?

詹姆斯和帕特里克好像也在船上

It seems James and Patrick were on board.

什么怎么可能他们要五月才出发

What? They can't have been. They weren't going over until May.

那就是计划有变

Then they changed their plans.

他们的确在乘客名单上

They're on the passenger list.

谢谢奥布瑞恩先就这样吧

Thank you, O'Brien. That'll be all for the moment.

但他们肯定获救了吧

But surely they were picked up?

不尽其然-什么

- Doesn't look like it. - What?

一个都没救上来吗

Neither of them?

你得告诉玛丽

You must tell Mary.

只有你亲口告诉她才行

She can't hear about it from anyone else.

两个都没被救上来他是这么说的

Neither of them were picked up, that's what he said.

卡劳利先生和帕特里克少爷吗

Mr Crawley and Mr Patrick?

他是这么说的

That's what he said.

夫人惊得面色煞白

Her ladyship was the colour of this cloth.

如果真是这样那就太可惜了

Well, it's a terrible shame if it's true.

怎一个可惜了得这下麻烦大了

It's worse than a shame, it's a complication.

此话怎讲-你说呢

What do you mean? - What do you think?

卡劳利先生是老爷的堂兄

Mr Crawley was his lordship's cousin

也是爵位继承人

and heir to the title.

我以为玛丽小姐才是继承人

I thought Lady Mary was the heir.

她是个女孩傻丫头

She's a girl, stupid.

女孩不能做继承人

Girls can't inherit.

但现在卡劳利先生已故

But now Mr Crawley's dead

而帕特里克少爷又是他的独子

and Mr Patrick was his only son.

这下如何是好-真是太可怕了

- So, what happens next? - It's a dreadful thing.

您好

Hello.

我一直等在后门却一直没人应门

I've been waiting at the back door. I knocked, but no one came.

那你就推门而入了

So you pushed in?

我叫约翰?贝茨是新来的男仆

I'm John Bates, the new valet.

新来的男仆-没错

- The new valet? - That's right.

你来得真早-搭清晨的车过来的

- You're early. - Came on the milk train.

想用白天的时间熟悉环境今晚上任

Thought I'd use the day to get to know the place, start tonight.

我是安娜女仆领班

I'm Anna, the head housemaid.

您好

How do you do?

我是奥布瑞恩小姐夫人的贴身侍女

And I'm Miss O'Brien, her ladyship's maid.

随我们来

You better come along with us.

但你要怎么应付得过来

But how can you manage?

不必担心我自能应对

Don't worry about that, I can manage.

我们可都有活在身-我能行

- Because we've all got our own work to do. - I can manage.

好了休斯太太

All right, Mrs Hughes,

我来负责这里谢谢

I'll take over. Thank you.

早上好贝茨先生欢迎

Good morning, Mr Bates. Welcome.

愿你旅途一切顺利-顺利谢谢

I hope your journey was satisfactory. - it was fine. Thank you.

我是唐顿庄园的管家我叫卡森

I am the butler of Downton. My name is Carson.

您好卡森先生

How do you do, Mr Carson?

这位是托马斯第一男仆

This is Thomas, first footman.

自沃特森先生走后老爷的起居

He's been looking after his lordship

一直由他负责

since Mr Watson left.

这下终于能回归正轨了对吧托马斯

It'll be a relief to get back to normal, won't it, Thomas?

贝茨先生的房间都安排妥当了吧

I assume that everything is ready for Mr Bates' arrival?

就安排在原来沃特森先生的住处

I've put him in Mr Watson's old room.

虽然他走的时候屋里一片狼藉

Though he left it in quite a state, I can tell you.

可那么多台阶怎么办

But what about all them stairs?

我都说了我能行-当然

I keep telling you, I can manage. - of course you can.

托马斯领贝茨先生入住

Thomas, take Mr Bates to his room,

带他去看看工作的地方

show him where he'll be working.

多谢各位

Thank you, everyone.

我可不觉得这长久得了

Well, I can't see that lasting long.

行了奥布瑞恩小姐

Thank you, Miss O'Brien.

好极了

Oh, yes.

我在这里会住得很舒服

I should be comfortable here.

难道是说我必须戴重孝吗

Does this mean I'll have to go into full mourning?

我的堂兄和侄子几乎已确定遇难

My first cousin and his son are almost certainly dead.

我们全家都得服丧

We'll all be in mourning.

不我是说那件事

No, I mean with the other thing.

毕竟没有正式订婚

After all, it wasn't official.

若你不想以未婚妻的身份

If you're saying you do not wish to

为帕特里克戴孝那就随你吧

mourn Patrick as a fiance, that is up to you.

反正只有家里人知道

Well, no one knew about it outside the family.

我说了你自己决定

I repeat, it is up to you.

这样我就放心了

Well, that's a relief.

阁楼上有几个内衬雪松木的衣柜

There's some cedar-lined cupboards in the attic

摆放不常穿着的服装

for things that aren't often worn,

以及旅行装束等

travelling clothes and such.

沃特森先生把换季衣物都收在那里

Mr Watson used them to rotate the summer and winter stuff.

迟些带你去看

I'll show you later.

饰纽和链扣如何挑选

What about studs and links?

由我定还是他定

Do I choose them or does he?

没有特别交代就呈给他挑选

Lay them out unless he asks for something in particular.

这些是舞会用的

These for a ball,

家常便餐时用这些

these for an ordinary dinner,

这些只在伦敦用

these only in London.

我会记清楚的-是的你必须记住

- I'll get the hang of it. - Yeah, you'll have to.

鼻烟壶他收集的

Snuff boxes, he collects them.

精美

Beautiful.

你我这份工作真是滑稽-怎么说

- Funny our job, isn't it? - What do you mean?

奇珍异宝触手可及

The way we live with all this pirate's hoard within our reach.

可没有一件属于我们不是吗

But none of it's ours, is it?

是的不属于我们

No, none of it's ours.

我竟被个跛脚的强盗抢了职位

I can't believe I've been passed over for Long John Silver.

出自《金银岛》

上次有机会这话你就该直接挑明

You should have spoken up when you had the chance.

下次别再犯同样的错

Don't make the same mistake next time.

谁知还会不会有下次

Who says there'll be a next time?

莫非今天休假他们忘了通知我

Is this a public holiday no one's told me of ?

她显然是不愿意服丧

She was certainly reluctant to go into mourning.

她会的我们都要服丧

Well, she'll have to. We all will.

奥布瑞恩在为我整理黑色丧服

O'Brien's sorting out my black now.

我已经让安娜去看看

And I've told Anna to see

女儿们有什么合适的衣服

what the girls have that still fits.

这桩意外改变了一切

Of course, this alters everything.

这一点不容你否认

You won't try to deny it.

毫无疑问你必须争取改变限定继承权

You must challenge the entail now, surely.

就不能等确定他们遇难了

Can't we at least wait until we know they're dead

再讨论这件事

before we discuss it?

别说得好像我铁石心肠一样我也很伤心

Don't talk as if I'm not brokenhearted, because I am.

可我没法理解为何这份产业只能

Of course, I've never understood why this estate must go

由继承你爵位的人接管

to whomever inherits your title.

亲爱的法律并非由我制定什么事

My dear, I don't make the law. What is it?

老夫人到了在客厅里

The Dowager Countess is in the drawing room.

我马上来-她要见夫人

- I'll come now. - She asked for Lady Grantham.

不知这次我又做错了什么

I wonder what I've done wrong this time.

另外新男仆已到任老爷

Oh. And the new valet has arrived, my lord.

是吗谢谢卡森

Has he? Thank you, Carson.

还有什么事

What is it?

我不太确定他能否胜任这份工作

I'm not entirely sure that he'll prove equal to the task.

但这由老爷您决定

But your lordship will be the judge of that.

我先过去了

Better go.

告诉她詹姆斯和帕特里克的噩耗

Tell her about James and Patrick.

她应该还不知道

She won't have heard.

我当然已经得知否则何必匆匆赶来

Of course I've heard. Why else would I be here?

罗伯特不想让您

Robert didn't want you to

因报纸上的消息而哀伤过度

read about it in the newspaper and be upset.

他多虑了

He flatters me.

我没那么多愁善感

I'm tougher than I look.

当然了我为可怜的帕特里克感到难过

I'm very sorry about poor Patrick, of course.

他是个好孩子-我们都很喜欢这孩子

He was a nice boy. - we were all So fond of him.

可我一直不喜欢詹姆斯

But I never cared for James.

他像极了他母亲

He was too like his mother

一刻也不让人安生

and a nastier woman never drew breath.

您留下用午餐吗-谢谢

Will you stay for some luncheon? - Thank you.

我去通知卡森-我已经跟他说了

- I'll let Carson know. - I've already told him.

能坐下说话了吗

Shall we sit down?

你知道新继承人吗

Do you know the new heir?

只听说是有一位

Only that there is one.

他是罗伯特的远房堂侄

He's Robert's third cousin, once removed.

我记得我从没见过他

I have never to my knowledge set eyes on him.

可要不是已故的老伯爵

Of course, if your late husband hadn't

逼着我签字侵吞我的财产

forced me to sign that absurd act of legal theft...

亲爱的我来此并非为了争执

My dear, I didn't come here to fight.

格兰瑟姆老伯爵只想保护这份家业

Lord Grantham wanted to protect the estate.

他从未料想到你没生下子嗣

It never occurred to him that you wouldn't have a son.

我是没有-是啊你没有

- Well, I didn't. - No, you did not.

但如果帕特里克能够迎娶玛丽

But when Patrick had married Mary

你的外孙将来会成为一家之主

and your grandson been hailed as master,

家族也不失体面

honour would have been satisfied.

可不幸的是现在

Unfortunately, now...

现在一个陌生人将有权处置我的财产

Now, a complete unknown has the right to pocket my money

还有这份家业

along with the rest of the swag.

问题是保住你的嫁妆庄园就会破产

The problem is, saving your dowry would break up the estate.

那会毁掉罗伯特这辈子苦心经营的一切

It would be the ruin of everything Robert's given his life to.

他也明白这点吗-总会明白的

- And he knows this? - Well, if he doesn't, he will.

那就是两难境地

Then there's no answer.

不还有一条出路相当简单

Yes, there is, and it's a simple one.

彻底打破对继承权的限制

The entail must be smashed in its entirety

让玛丽成为继承人

and Mary recognised as heiress of all.

可我们没法保住爵位-是啊

- There's nothing we can do about the title. - No.

她不能继承爵位但至少能保住你的财产

She can't have the title, but she can have your money.

还有庄园

And the estate.

我经营唐顿庄园30年

I didn't run Downton for 30 years

不能眼看着它

to see it go lock, stock

落入一个不知哪里冒出来的陌生人手中

and barrel to a stranger from God knows where.

这么说我们将成为朋友

Are we to be friends, then?

不如说是同盟亲爱的

We are allies, my dear,

同盟办事效率更高

which can be a good deal more effective.

唐顿是一所了不起的庄园贝茨先生

Downton is a great house, Mr Bates.

卡劳利同样也是了不起的家族

And the Crawleys are a great family.

我们日常起居有规有矩

We live by certain standards

这些规矩起初令人望而生畏

and those standards can at first seem daunting.

应该的

Of course.

如果你面见大人时感到拘谨不安

If you find yourself tongue-tied in the presence of his lordship,

那么他的礼仪和风范

I can only assure you that his manners and grace

会帮助你

will soon help you to

很快地进入角色

perform your duties to the best of your ability.

我明白

I know.

贝茨我的老朋友

Bates, my dear fellow.

非常抱歉

I do apologise,

我应该想到你们正在用午餐

I should have realised you'd all be at luncheon.

没关系老爷

Not at all, my lord.

请坐下吧大家请坐

Please, sit. Sit, everyone.

我只想来跟老战友打个招呼

I just want to say a quick hello to my old comrade in arms.

贝茨我的兄弟欢迎来到唐顿

Bates, my dear man, welcome to Downton.

谢谢长官

Thank you, sir.

很抱歉打扰各位请原谅

I'm so sorry to have disturbed you all. Please forgive me.

你们没问起

相关文档