文档库 最新最全的文档下载
当前位置:文档库 › 生活大爆炸第二季05剧本

生活大爆炸第二季05剧本


看 Big Bang Theory 学英语第二季5集: The Euclid Alternative




-Sheldon:Good morning, Leonard.
早上好Leonard。
Yeah. We're gonna have to stop by pottery barn on the way to work. I bought these star wars sheets, but they turned out to be much too stimulating to be compatible with a good night's sleep.
pottery:陶器 barn:仓库 sheet:床单 stimulating:刺激的 be compatible with:适合
我们开车去上班的路上要在陶瓷大库房[家居专卖店]停一下,我在那里买了星战床单但躺在这上面实在是太刺激了,我根本不能安心睡觉。
I don't like the way Darth Vader stares at me.
stares at:盯着,凝视
Darth Vader盯着我看使我很不爽。
-Leonard:I'm not going to work.
我不去上班了。
-Sheldon:Oh, just because your career's been stagnant for a few years, that's no reason to give up.
career:事业 stagnant:不发展的,不景气的 give up:放弃
就算你的研究生涯这几年里毫无建树,那也没必要放弃啊。
-Leonard:Sheldon, I was up all night using the new free-electron laser for X-ray diffraction experiment.
free-electron:自由电子 laser:激光 X-ray:X光 diffraction:衍射
Sheldon我整晚都没睡,我在用自由电子激光束做X射线散射实验。
-Sheldon:Did the laser accidentally burn out your retinas?
accidentally:以外地 burn out:烧坏 retina:视网膜
是不是激光束碰巧把你视网膜烤焦了。
-Leonard:No.
没。
-Sheldon:Then you can drive. Let's go.
那你就能开车了,快走。
-Leonard:Didn't I tell you I'd be working nights and that you'd have to make other arrangements?
arrangement:解决办法
我不是告诉你了么,我现在是晚上工作,你要另外想办法了。
-Sheldon:You did.
是啊。
-Leonard:And?
所以?
-Sheldon:I didn't. Let's go.
我没办法。走吧。
-Leonard:Good night, Sheldon.
晚安Sheldon。
-Sheldon:But how am I going to get to work?
那我怎么去上班啊?
-Leonard:Take the bus.
乘公交车。
-Sheldon:I can't take the bus anymore.
我再也不能乘公交车了。
They don't have seat belts, and they won't let you latch yourself to the seat with bungee cords.
seat belt:安全带 latch:闩上 bungee:弹簧 cord:绳子
车上没安全带,而且他们不让我用弹簧绳子把自己拴在座椅上。
-Leonard:You tried to latch yourself to the seat with bungee cords?
你想用弹簧绳子把自己捆在座椅上。
-Sheldon:I didn't try. I succeeded. But for some reason, it alarmed the other passengers and I was asked to de-bus.
alarm:惊恐 passenger:乘客 de-bus:下车
我不是想,我已经做到了。但不知为什么其他乘客对此很惊慌,他们让我滚下车。
-Leonard:Oh, you're a big boy. You'll figure it out.
figure it out:解决
傻孩子你会自己想出办法的。
-Sheldon:Don't talk to me like I'm a child. Now, ta

ke me to return my star wars sheets!
别把我当孩子,你现在立刻带我去退掉星战床单。
-Sheldon:Penny? Penny? Penny?
-Penny:Sheldon. What is it?
Sheldon你搞什么?
-Sheldon:Leonard's asleep.
Leonard睡着了。
-Penny:Thanks for the update.
update:提供最新信息
谢谢你特意告知。
-Sheldon:No. Wait. You have to drive me to work.
别,等等。你一定要开车送我去上班。
-Penny:Yeah, I really don't think I do.
我不觉得我必须得这么做。
-Sheldon:But I don't drive, and I can't take the bus.
但我不会开车,我也不想坐公交车。
-Penny:Honey, you'll be fine as long as you don't do that bungee cord thing, okay?
as long as:只要
只要你不用那弹簧绳,坐公交肯定没问题的。
-Sheldon:Penny. Didn't you recently state that you and I are friends?
state:声称
Penny你不是声称我们是朋友吗?
-Penny:Yes, Sheldon. We are friends.
是的Sheldon我们是朋友。
-Sheldon:Then I hereby invoke what I'm given to understand is an integral part of the implied covenant of friendship. The favor.
hereby:特此 invoke:援引 integral part:主要部分 implied:含蓄的 covenant:协议契约
所以说我在这儿是引用我们隐含的友谊契约书中的一个重要部分。帮助。
-Penny:Oh, dear god.
上帝啊。
-Sheldon:I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was interrupting your morning prayers. When you're done, we'll go.
realize:意识到 interrupt:打断 prayer:祈祷
对不起,我不是故意来打扰你做早晨祷告。你做完了我们就出发。
Thank you for driving me to work.
谢谢你送我去上班。
-Penny:You know this is my day off, Sheldon.
day off:休假
你知道我今天不用上班的Sheldon。
-Sheldon:Oh, good. I'm not keeping you from anything.
太好了,看来我没有耽误你什么事。
Your "check engine" light is on.
check:检查 engine:引擎
你的"检查引擎"灯亮着。
Typically that's an indicator to, you know, check your engine.
indicator:(仪器上显示温度、压力、耗油量等的)指针, 指示器, 记录器
一般来说,这是提醒你去检查引擎。
-Penny:It's fine. It's been on for, like, a month.
没什么事,这灯亮了差不多一个月了。
-Sheldon:Well, actually, that would be all the more reason to... You know, check your engine.
这样说来的话那你就有更多的理由去检查引擎了。
-Penny:Sheldon, it's fine.
Sheldon我的车没事。
-Sheldon:If it were fine, the light wouldn't be on. That's why the manufacturer installed that light, to let you know it's not fine.
manufacturer:制造商 install:安装
如果没事的话那这灯就不会亮了,制造商装了这个灯就是为了提示你车有问题。
-Penny:Maybe the light's broken.
大概是这灯坏了。
-Sheldon:Is there a "check the 'check engine light' light"?
有没有检查"检查引擎灯"的灯


-Penny:What?
怎么了?
-Sheldon:Studies have shown that performing tasks such as eating, talking on a cell phone or drinking coffee while driving reduces one's reaction time by the same factor as an ounce of alcohol.
performing:履行的 reduce:降低 reaction time:反应时间 factor:因素 ounce:盎司 alcohol:酒,酒精
试验表明在开车的时候,某些行为诸如吃东西、打电话或者喝咖啡会降低人的反应速度,就跟喝了一盎司酒精一样。
-Penny:Do you have any alcohol?
你带酒了吗?
-Sheldon:Of course not.
当然没有。
-Penny:Too bad.
可惜了。
-Sheldon:You're going up Euclid Avenue? Leonard takes Los Robles Avenue.
Avenue:大街
你走的是Euclid大道吗?Leonard走Los Robles大道。
-Penny:Well, good for Leonard.
随便他。
-Sheldon:Euclid avenue is shorter as the crow flies, But it has speed bumps, which appreciably increase point-to-point drive time, making It the less efficient choice.
as the crow flies:(习语)直线的,笔直的 speed bump:减速装置 appreciably:略微 increase:增加 point-to-point:点对点的 efficient:有效率的
Euclid大道的直线距离的确更近,但是这里有减速坡,会极大地降低点到点的行驶速度,所以走这条路实际上更慢。
But you have the conn. Of course, if you're not going to slow down for the speed bumps, I withdraw my previous objection.
conn:指挥操舵 withdraw:收回 previous:先前的 objection:异议
但是你是老大(星际迷航的经典台词),当然了如果你在过减速坡的时候不减速的话,那我就收回之前的意见。
Here's a fun question. Do you know what the most common street name is?
我有一个有趣的问题,你知道最常见的街道名字是什么吗?
-Penny:No.
不知道。
-Sheldon:The answer's tricky. It's Second Street.
tricky:狡猾的
是个脑筋急转弯,答案是二街。
You see, you'd think it would be first street, But in most towns, first street eventually gets renamed to something else. You know, like Main Street, Broad Street, Michigan Avenue.
eventually:可能的 rename:重新命名
你可能认为该是"一街",但大多数地方“一街”都用一些别的名字代替比如主路,远街,密歇根大道[为1893年哥伦比亚博览会修建]。
See, Leonard and I often use our commute time to exercise our minds with brain-teasers like that. We also play games. Would you like to play one?
commute:(上下班)两地之间坐车往返;往返的路程 brain-teaser:难题,谜
Leonard和我在路上经常找一些像这样的脑筋急转弯来锻炼大脑,我们也玩游戏,想玩么?
-Penny:No.
不。
-Sheldon:Oh, come on. It's fun. Ooh! Another bump.
来吧,可好玩了。噢又一个减速坡。
Okay. I'll say an element, and, and you say an element whose name starts with the last letter of the one I said, okay? I

'll start.
element(化学)元素 starts with:以…开始 letter:字母
这样吧,我说一个元素名称你也说一个以我说的元素的尾字母开头。从我开始。
-Sheldon:Helium. Now, you could say "mercury." That would give me a "y." Ooh. Very clever. That's a tough one. So I go with "ytterbium," which gets you back to "m." So you go "molybdenum," and I say "magnesium." You say "manganese." I say "europium," And, then, you're left with "mendelevium," And... There are no more m's, because I believe that meitnerium should still be called ekairidium. So, congratulations. You win.
Helium:氦 mercury:汞 tough:困难的 ytterbium:镱(元素) molybdenum:钼magnesium:镁 manganese:锰 europium:铕 mendelevium:钔(元素) meitnerium:钅麦(第109号元素)
氦,你可以说汞[Mercury],你给我一个"y",非常聪明这个可不容易,镱[ytterbium],让你又回到了"m",你可以说钼[molybdenum],我说镁[magnesium],你可以说锰[manganese],我说铕[europium],现在你只剩下钔了[mendelevium],然后就没有以"m"开头的了,我相信"钅麦"[meitnerium]应该被叫做ekairidium[一种过渡元素],恭喜你你赢了。
Do you wanna go again?
wanna:(口语)= want to
想再来一局么?
-Penny:Why don't we just have a little quiet time now?
我们就不能安静一会儿么?
-Sheldon:All right. I'm sorry. I'm finding your reckless nonchalance regarding the check-engine light to be very troubling.
reckless:轻率的 nonchalance:漠不关心 regarding:关于
没问题.对不起我觉得你对于引擎检查提示灯的冷漠鲁莽非常糟糕。
-Penny:Get out.
下车。
-Sheldon:Well, I’ve to tell you that while I do have a theoretical understanding of the workings of an internal combustion engine, I'm not sure I'm capable of performing diagnostics.
theoretical:理论的 internal combustion engine:内燃机 be capable of:能够 perform:执行 diagnostics:诊断
我不得不说关于内燃机引擎工作的原理我是有一定了解的,不过我不确定能不能看出毛病在哪。
-Penny:I said, "get out."
我说了“下车”。
-Sheldon:Okay. I'll give it a shot.
shot:试图,设法
好吧,我就去试试好了。
Oh, Leonard. There you are. I'm ready to go home.
Leonard你在这儿呢,我准备好回家了。
-Leonard:I just got here.
我才刚到这。
-Sheldon:Good. Perfect timing.
真及时!
-Leonard:Sheldon, I told you, I only have access to the free-electron laser at night. I can't drive you for the next few weeks.
access to:有权使用 free-electron:自由电子
Sheldon我告诉过你啦,我只有晚上使用自由电子激光器的权限,这几个星期我都不能开车送你了。
-Sheldon:No, you said you couldn't drive me to work, this is from work.
不对,你是说过你不能开车送我上班,但现在说的是下班。
-Leonard:Howard, h

elp me out here.
Howard帮我说句话啊。
-Howard:No, just for the fun of it, I'm gonna take his side.
不,我要站在他那边这样有意思多了。
-Sheldon:Now, How do you propose I get home?
propose:建议
那么你觉得我该怎么回家?
-Leonard:How did you get here in the first place?
in the first place:一开始
你是怎么来的呢?
-Sheldon:Penny. But I sense that's no longer an option.
sense:意识到,觉得 no longer:不再 option:可选择的办法
Penny但我觉得这个选项已经没可能了。
-Leonard:Look, I need to get enter the laser lab. You're just gonna have to find someone else to take you home.
反正我要用激光实验室,你只能找别人送你回家了。
-Howard:Ah, damn, I picked the wrong side.
该死,我站错队了。
-Sheldon:Oh, god, not Euclid avenue!
老天,不要走Euclid大道吧!
-Raj:Why did Howard leave you in the middle of the road anyway?
到底Howard为什么把你扔在半道上?
-Sheldon:We had a difference of opinion.
我们观点不统一。
-Raj:Over what?
关于什么事?
-Sheldon:Whether or not he was trying to kill me. For the record, I maintain he was. Where are you going?
maintain:主张
关于他是不是要害死我。事实可鉴我坚持他就是。你要去哪?
-Raj:I'm taking you home.
带你回家啊。
-Sheldon:Oh, but I'm not going home.
但我先不回家的。
It's Wednesday. Wednesday is new comic book day. We have to go to the comic book store.
comic book:漫画册
今天礼拜三,礼拜三是漫画书购买日,我们必须先去动漫书店。
And then, we have to stop at soup plantation; it's creamy tomato soup day. And Radio Shack. There's a sale on triple-A batteries.
soup:汤 plantation:种植园 creamy:奶油味的,滑嫩的 shack:[美俚]无线电收发室 batteries:电池
之后我们在“种汤小吃店”停下,因为今天还是奶油土豆汤日。最后是Radio Shack电器行,今天有个3A电池的折扣。
Plus, we have to go to pottery barn and return my star wars sheets.
pottery:陶器 barn:仓房 return:退还
对了还有我们还得去下陶瓷大库房,我要把我的星战床单退了。
-Raj:I have a better idea.
我有个更好的主意。
-Sheldon:You want to go to pottery barn first?
你想先去陶瓷大库房啊?
Can you drive me to pottery barn?
你能开车送我去陶瓷大库房吗?
Maybe if I turn off the night-light, I can keep the sheets.
turn off:关掉
如果我把夜明灯关了这床单还能用。
-Sheldon:Good morning.
-Together:Good morning.
-Leonard:Sheldon, sit down.
Sheldon坐下。
-Sheldon:She's in my spot.
spot:地点
她坐了我的位置。
Don't look at me like that. Everybody knows that my spot.
别那么看着我,谁都知道那是我的位置。
-Penny:Sheldon, you know that we care about you.
care about:关心
Sheldon你知道我们

都很关心你。
-Howard:And it's because we care about you that we've decided we have to speak up.
speak up:畅所欲言,讲出来
就是因为我们关心你才不得不说出来。
-Penny:You're hurting the people around you, sweetie.
亲爱的你让你身边的人都头疼了。
-Leonard:So we made you an appointment, and we want you to keep it.
appointment:约定
我们帮你做了个预约,想让你接受。
-Sheldon:Department of motor vehicles new driver handbook. But I don't have a problem.
Department:部门 motor vehicles:机动车辆 handbook:手册
机动车辆管理局新司机手册,但我没有问题啊。
-Leonard:Sheldon, you need to learn how to drive.
Sheldon你得学会开车。
-Howard:This madness has to stop.
不能再这样疯狂下去了。
-Leonard:Penny's taking you to the DMV. I'm going to bed.
DMV:车辆管理局
Penny带你去车管局。我去睡觉了。
-Sheldon:Why penny?
为什么是penny送我?
-Leonard:Because rock breaks scissors. Good night.
因为石头赢过剪子[石头剪子布游戏],晚安。
-Penny:All right, come on, Sheldon.
好了走吧Sheldon。
-Sheldon:Hold on. I have one condition.
等下,我有个条件。
-Penny:What?
什么?
-Sheldon:We have to stop at pottery barn.
得去趟陶瓷大库房。
-Penny:Okay.
好的。
-Sheldon:And Radio Shack.
还有Radio Shack电器行。
-Penny:Fine.
行。
-Sheldon:And the comic book store.
comic:漫画 book store:书店
还有动漫书店。
-Penny:All right!
可以。
-Howard:Ooh, I want to go to the comic book store.
我想去动漫书店。
-Raj:I like comic books.
我也喜欢漫画书。
-Sheldon:I just don't see why I need a driver's license. Albert Einstein never had a driver's license.
driver's license:驾驶执照 license:执照,许可
我只是不明白我为什么需要驾驶执照。阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦从没有过驾驶执照。
-Howard:Yeah, but Albert Einstein didn't make me wet myself at 40 miles an hour.
是啊,但阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦从不在每小时40英里时让我惊出一身冷汗。
-Penny:Yeah, and I never wanted to kick Albert Einstein in the nuts.
我也从不会把阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦疯狂地赶下车。
You know, I gotta ask, why didn't you just get a license at 16 like everybody else?
gotta:(美口)= have got to
我想问问你为什么不和别人一样在16岁的时候考取驾照?
-Sheldon:I was otherwise engaged.
engaged:忙碌的
我在忙别的事。
-Penny:Doing what?
做什么?
-Sheldon:Examining perturbative amplitudes in n=4 supersymmetric theories, leading to a re-examination of the ultraviolet properties of multi-loop n=8 supergravity using modern twistor theory.
perturbative:扰乱性的 amplitude:振幅 supersymmetric:超对称的 theories:理论 re-examination:重新验证 ultraviolet:紫外的 properties:特征

,性能 multi-loop:多回路的 supergravity:超引力 twistor:扭量
验证超对称理论中n=4的情况下的扰动振幅,再用现代扭量理论重新验证n=8时回路超引力场的紫外特性。
-Penny:Well, how 'bout when you were 17?
那你17岁的时候呢?
-Woman:Take this to the testing area, put your name at the top, sign the bottom, answer the questions, bring it back. Next. Application?
sign:签名,签字 bottom:底部 Application:申请表;应用(学)
带这个去测试区,在上面写上名字,下面签字,回答完问题交回来,下一个,申请?
-Sheldon:I'm actually more of a theorist.
actually:实际上theorist:理论家
我实际上更多是理论家。
-Howard:The application in your hand. Give it to her.
是说你手里的申请表。给她。
-Woman:Take this to the testing area, Put your name at the top, sign the bottom, answer the questions, bring it back. Next!
带这个去测试区,在上面写上名字,下面签字,回答完问题交回来,下一个!
-Sheldon:Excuse me, but I have some concerns about these questions.
concern:焦虑,疑虑
抱歉,对这些问题我有些疑问。
-Woman:Look at that sign up there.
sign:标记
看看那的标志牌。
-Sheldon:Yes?
怎么了?
-Woman:Does it say "I give a damn"?
上面写了"我在乎"吗?
-Sheldon:No.
没。
-Woman:That's because I don't.
那是因为我不在乎。
-Sheldon:Just look. See, this first question makes no sense.
makes no sense:说不通
看啊,第一个问题就说不通。
“Should you leave in front of you when driving?”
“你开车时车距应该保持几个车身?”
There's no possible way to answer that. A "car length" is not a standardized unit of measure.
standardized:标准的 unit of measure:度量单位
没有可能能回答这个问题。车身长不是个标准化的度量单位。
-Woman:Look at the sign.
看看标志牌。
-Penny:Sheldon, it's "c.”just put down "c."
Sheldon答案是"C" ,就写"C"。
-Sheldon:I don't need your help, penny.
我不需要你的帮忙penny。
-Woman:Listen to that little girl, honey. Put "c." next!
听那个小姑娘的宝贝写上"C"。下一个!
-Sheldon:No, wait! No, hang on. Look at this next question.
别,等下,等等。看看下一个问题。
-Howard:Sheldon, why are you arguing with the DMV?
argue with:与…争辩
Sheldon你为何要和车管局争执?
-Sheldon:How else are they going to learn?
否则他们怎么进步?
Look...question two: when are roadways most slippery? Now, okay, there are three answers, none of which are correct.
roadway:车道 slippery:滑溜的
听着..第二个问题:什么时候路面最湿滑?有三个答案,没一个是正确的。
The correct answer is "when covered by a film of liquid sufficient to reduce the coefficient of static friction between the tire and the road to esse

ntially zero, but not so deep as to introduce a new source of friction."
cover:覆盖 a film of:一薄层 sufficient:足够的 coefficient:系数 static friction:静摩擦 tire:轮胎 essentially:本质上的 source:来源 friction:摩擦力
正确的答案是"当[路面]被覆盖上一层液体足以把轮胎和道路之间的静态摩擦系数减少到理论上的零值又不产生新的摩擦源"。
-Woman:Here's your learner's permit. Go away.
permit:许可证
这是你的学习证明,走开。
-Sheldon:But I'm not done. I have many additional concerns about these questions.
additional:额外的
但我还没说完。我还有更多的关于这些问题的质疑。
-Woman:Don't make me climb over this counter.
climb:爬 counter:柜台
别逼我翻过这柜台。
-Penny:Come on. Let's go. Come on.
好了,我们走,好了。
-Woman:Next!
下一个!
-Sheldon:Aced it.
Aced:考试取得了优等成绩
考得超好。
-Howard:Okay, that's it. Let's boot it up.
boot up:启动(程序)
好了,弄好了,开始启动吧。
-Leonard:Booting.
启动。
-Howard:This is a state-of-the-art simulator. I adapted it from something a friend of mine designed for the army.
state-of-the-art:先进技术水平 simulator:模拟装置 adapt from:根据…改编
这是最先进的模拟装置,是从我的一个朋友为军队设计的系统改编而来的。
-Sheldon:Is that why I appear to be in downtown Fallujah behind the wheel of an up-armored Humvee?
appear:似乎 downtown:商业区,闹市区 behind the wheel:驾驶,控制 up-armored:装甲 Humvee:悍马车
所以我似乎是在Fallujah市区里驾驶着一辆装甲悍马车?
-Howard:I haven't configured it yet.
我还没有配置呢。
Let's see... Bradley tank... Transport truck.... Batmobile...
Bradley:布拉德利 tank:坦克 Transport:运输 truck:货车,卡车 Batmobile:蝙蝠车
看看…布拉德利坦克…运输卡车…蝙蝠车…
-Sheldon:Ooh!
-Leonard:No.
不会吧。
-Howard:Here we go. Red 2006 Ford Taurus on the streets of Pasadena.
Ford:福特 Taurus:金牛座 Pasadena: 帕萨迪纳(美国一城市名位于加州洛杉矶的东面)
就这个2006款红色福特金牛座驰骋在帕萨迪纳市的街道上。
What?
怎么了?
-Sheldon:Statistically, red cars are stopped by police far more often than any other color.
Statistically:统计地
据统计红色车让警察叫停的次数比其它颜色的车多得多。
I don't want any hassles with the fuzz.
hassle:麻烦 fuzz:[美俚]警察
我可不想跟条子发生口角。
-Howard:Fine, what color do you want?
好吧,你想要什么颜色?
-Sheldon:You know the pale blue of Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber? Before it was digitally remastered?
pale:浅色的,淡的 saber:军刀,剑 remaster:(根据旧唱片或磁带的)重新灌录
你知道天行者Luke那

把淡蓝色的激光剑吗?数码修复版之前那种。
-Howard:Black, it is.
就是黑色了。
-Leonard:Okay, now, what you want to do first is turn on the ignition and shift into drive.
ignition:(汽油引擎的)发火装置 shift:换挡
好的,现在你首先要做的是打开点火开关换到前进档。
-Sheldon:I haven't fastened my seat belt yet.
fasten:系紧
我还没系安全带呢。
-Leonard:Okay, fasten your seat belt.
好吧,系上你的安全带。
-Sheldon:Click. Now, are there air bags?
Click:咔哒声 air bag:(安全)气囊(汽车碰撞时能自动充气,使车上的人不致撞伤)
可以了,这有安全气囊吗?
-Leonard:You don't need air bags.
你不需要安全气囊。
-Sheldon:What if a simulated van rear-ends me?
simulated:模拟的 van:货车 rear-end:追尾
要是哪个模拟货车和我追尾了怎么办?
-Penny:I'll hit you in the face with a pillow.
pillow:枕头
那我就用枕头给你脸一下。
-Leonard:Okay, now shift into drive. Pull out slowly into traffic.
Pull into:驶入
好的,换到前进档慢慢开进车道。
Watch out, watch out, and watch out for the pedestrians!
pedestrian:步行者,行人
小心,看着行人!
-Penny:Oh, God. Wait-- slow-- Hit the brakes! Hit the brakes!
brake:刹车
天呢!等等,慢点…刹车!刹车!
-Sheldon:Thank you.
谢了。
-Sheldon:Sorry. Excuse me. My bad. Student driver.
对不起,抱歉,我的错。新手上路。
-Leonard:How did you manage to get on the second floor of the Glendale Galleria?
Galleria:商业街廊
你怎么开到幽谷拱廊商场[洛城顶级六大室内商场之一]的二层楼上了?
-Sheldon:I don't know. I was on the Pasadena freeway. I missed my exit, flew off the overpass, and one thing led to another.
freeway:高速公路 miss:错过 exit:出口 overpass:天桥,立交桥
我不知道。我原来行驶在帕萨迪纳市的高速公路上,错过了高速路出口,冲出了天桥之后就这样了。
-Leonard:Maybe you want to give it a rest and try again tomorrow.
也许你该休息一下,明天再练。
-Sheldon:No. I quit.
quit:停止
不用了,我不练了。
-Leonard:Aw, the pet store.
pet:宠物
宠物商店。
-Sheldon:Remind me to compliment Wolowitz on the software. It's amazingly detailed.
compliment:表扬 software:软件 detailed:详尽的
帮我谢谢Wolowitz的软件,里面内容非常详尽。
-Leonard:So wait, you're just gonna give up?
那你就这样放弃了吗?
-Sheldon:No, I'm not giving up. I never give up.
不是,我没放弃,我从不放弃。
-Leonard:So, what is it you're doing?
那你在干嘛?
-Sheldon:I'm... transcending the situation. I'm clearly too evolved for driving.
transcend:超出,优于 evolve:进化
我就是…超越了这种情况。很明显我已经进化到不需要开车了。
-L

eonard:What does that mean?
这话什么意思?
-Sheldon:Leonard, have you ever wondered why my little toes and lateral incisors are significantly smaller than the average for someone of my size?
wonder:疑惑 toes:脚趾 lateral:侧面的 incisor:门牙
Leonard 你有没有想过,平均来说为什么我的小趾和侧门牙明显比像我这种身材的人要小。
-Leonard:I wonder a lot of things about you, Sheldon. But not-not that.
对于你的事,我有很多都很好奇Sheldon,不过没有这件。
-Sheldon:Well, those are indicators that I'm farther along the evolutionary scale than the average human.
indicator:指示 evolutionary:进化的 scale:程度,范围
这表明在进化进程中我比一般人进化得更为充分。
-Leonard: No kidding.
真有你的。
-Sheldon:Well, No, no. I'm not gonna go so far as to say that I represent a distinct new stage in humankind-- You know, a Homo Novus, if you will. No, that's for anthropologists to decide.
represent:代表 distinct:截然不同的 stage:阶段 Homo:人类 anthropologist:人类学家
别走,别走,我这么说并不意味着我代表人类进化的新的高度--- 新贵[出身低微而奋斗成功的人],你可能会这么说。不行,这得由人类学家决定。
But I am convinced that the reason I cannot master the plebeian task of driving is because I'm not meant to.
be convinced that:确信 master:精通 plebeian:平民的,庸俗的
但我确信我之所以不能掌握开车这种小技巧是因为我根本不想学。
-Leonard:Yes, you are. You're meant to learn how to drive. Please learn how to drive!
你想的,你想去学车的,拜托你学开车吧!
-Sheldon:No, no. Leonard, I'm meant for greater things, like unraveling the mysteries of the universe, not determining when it's safe to pass a stopped school bus on a country road.
unravel:解开,阐明 mystery:神秘
不行,不行,Leonard我是要去干大事业的,比如解开宇宙之谜而不是决定什么时候在乡村公路上超过停在路边的校车是安全的。
-Leonard:It's never safe.
就没安全的时候。
-Sheldon:Yeah, well, I know that now.
我现在知道了。
-Leonard:Fine. Assuming that everything you say is true, how does the biologically superior Homo Novus get to work tomorrow morning?
Assuming:如果 biologically:生物学的 superior:高级的
好吧就算你说的全对,那个生物学上的超级“新贵”明早怎么去上班?
-Sheldon:Homo Novus doesn't know.
“新贵”也不知道。
-Leonard:Well, hang in there. Maybe you'll evolve into something with wings.
hang in:不泄气,坚持下去 wing:翅膀
坚持住,也许你还能进化出翅膀之类的东西。
-Sheldon:Good morning, gentlemen.
早安先生们。
-Howard:Hey. Good morning.
早安。
-Raj:Is there some new kind of casual Friday I don't know about?
casual:便


这是不是什么新的星期五便装日而我不知道?
-Leonard:No, he lives here now.
不是,他在这安家了。
-Howard:Really? Why?
真的吗,为啥?
-Leonard:Since he won't take the bus and he's too evolved to drive, he decided it would be easier to just sleep in his office and shower in the radiation lab until I'm finished with my experiment.
shower:淋浴 radiation lab:放射室
因为他不乘公交而且进化得连车都开不了了,所以决定在我完成我的实验前在他办公室睡觉在放射室洗澡可能更好。
-Raj:But you finished your experiment a week ago.
不过你一周前不就完成了吗?
-Leonard:Yep
没错。
-Cleaner:Ay, dios mio. Tra vez?
天呢,又来了。
-The other leaner: Deben ser rata
肯定是老鼠。
-Cleaner:Las ratas no hacen pan tostado Y le cortan las orillas. Ay,dios mio!
老鼠不会烤面包还把面包皮切开。妈呀!
-Sheldon:You saw nothing!
就当什么都没看见。

End





INCEPTION
《盗梦空间》剧本全分析


Hey! Come here!
嘿!快过来!


I'm on my way.
我这就过去。


He was delirious.But he asked for you by name.
他神志不清,一直在叫你名字。


Show him.
快拿上来。


He was carrying nothing but this...
他身上只带着这个,


and this.
还有这个。


Are you here to kill me?
你是来这儿杀我的吗?


I know what is this.
我知道这是什么。


I've seen one before, many, many years ago.
我以前也见过一个,很多很多年以前。


It belonged to a man I met in a half-remembered dream,
它属于一个人,我在梦里遇见的,一个依稀记得的梦里,


a man possessed of some radical notions.
他对一些疯狂的念头着了魔。

What is the most resilient parasite?
什么是最有韧劲的寄生物?


A bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm?
细菌?病毒?肠虫?


Uh... What Mr. Cobb is trying to say...
呃…考博先生想说的是……


An idea. Resilient, highly contagious.
是意念,非常有韧劲、极具传染性。


Once an idea's taken hold in the brain,
it's almost impossible to eradicate.
一旦意念占据了头脑,那就几乎不可能再将它根除,


An idea that is fully formed, fully understood,
一个完整成形、被彻底理解的意念…


that sticks right in there somewhere.
会牢牢地附着在这儿。

For someone like you to steal?
以便让你这样的人去盗取?

Yes. In the dream state, your conscious defense is
lowered that makes your thoughts vulnerable to theft.
是的。在梦里,你的有意识防御就会降低,思想轻而易举地被盗取


It's called Extraction.
这就是所谓的“盗梦”。


Mr. Saito, we can train your subconscious to defend itself...
斋藤先生,我们能训练你的潜意识来防御,


from even the most skilled ext

ractor.
即便是对于最熟练的盗梦者。


How can you do that?
为什么你能做到?


'Cause I am the most skilled extractor.
因为我就是最熟练的盗梦者。


I know how to search your mind and find your secrets.
我知道如何搜索你的头脑,找出你的秘密,


I know the tricks.
我知道窍门。


And I can teach them to you, so that even when
you're asleep, your defense is never down.
我可以教你这些窍门,那样即使你在梦里,防御也不会降低。


Look, if you want my help, you're gonna have to be completely open with me.
如果你需要我的帮助,你必须对我完全地开诚布公:



I need to know my way around your thoughts better than your wife,
我需要熟知你的思想,比你的妻子、


better than your therapist, better than anyone.
比你的私人医生,比任何人都更了解你。


If this is a dream,
and you have a safe full of secrets,
假设这是在你的梦里,你有一个藏满机密的保险柜,


I need to know what's in that safe.
我需要知道那保险柜里有什么。


In order for this all to work, you need to completely let me in.
为了取得最好的效果,你必须把我当自己人。


Enjoy your evening, gentlemen, as I consider your proposal.
好好享受你们的夜晚,先生们,我会考虑你们的建议的。


He knows.
他识破了。


What's going on up there?
上面出什么事了?

Saito knows us.He's playing with us.
斋藤识破我们了,他在耍我们玩呢。


It doesn't matter.I can get it here. Trust me,
无所谓了。我可以在这里拿到,相信我,


the information is in the safe.
He looked right at it when I mentioned secrets.
信息就在保险柜里。刚才我一提到秘密,他就往那张望了一下。


What's she doing there?
她在那儿干嘛?


Head back to the room, alright?
I'll take care of this.
你先回房间,行吗?我来处理。


Okey, make sure you do.We're here to work.
是啊,当然是你来处理。别忘了还有活儿要干。


If I jump, would I survive?
要是我跳下去,有可能活吗?


With a clean dive, perhaps.
直接入海的话,也许有可能。


Mal, what're you doing here?
玛尔,你在这儿干嘛?


I thought you might be missing me.
我想也许你想我了。


You know that I am. But I... I can't trust you anymore.
你知道我想你,但我…我不会再相信你了。


So what?
那又如何?

Looks like Arthur's taste.
看上去像是阿瑟的品味。


Actually, the subject is partial to postwar British painters.
实际上,主人偏爱二战后的英国画家。


Please, have a seat.
请吧,坐下吧。


Tell me, did the children miss me?
告诉我,孩子们想我吗?


You can't imagine.
你无法想象。


What're you doing?
你想干什么?


G

etting some fresh air.Stay where you are, Mal.
透点新鲜空气。坐在那儿别动,玛尔


Come on, damn it!
妈的,见鬼!


Turn around.
转过身来。


The gun, Dom.
放下枪,多姆


Please.
放下。


Now the envelope, Mr. Cobb.
还有信封,考博先生。


Did she tell you, or have you known all along?
是她告诉你的?还是你一直就知道?


That you're here to steal from me, or that we are actually asleep?
知道你来这里偷我的东西?还是知道我们实际上都在梦里?


I want to know the name of your employer.
我想知道你雇主的名字。


Ah, there's no use in threatening him in a dream, right, Mal?
啊,在梦里威胁他没什么用,不是吗,玛尔


That depends on what you're threatening.
那要看你威胁什么了。


Killing him would just wake him up.But pain...
杀死他只会使他苏醒,但是痛苦……


Ahh...
啊……


Pain is in the mind.
痛苦会留在头脑里。

And judging by the decor, we're in your mind, aren't we, Arthur?
从装饰来判断,我们是在你的梦里,对吗,阿瑟


- Why are you doing?! It's too soon...- I know. But the dream's collapsing.
- 你怎么回事?提前就醒来了?- 我知道,但梦开始崩溃了。

Just try to keep Saito to wander a little longer. We're almost there.
得让斋藤再逗留一点时间,我们快得手了。


He was close, very close.
差一点就得手了,差一点点。


Ahh... Stop him!
啊…抓住他!




I think that isn't gonna work. Wake him up.
我想我做不来了,把他弄醒。


He won't wake!
他醒不过来!

- Give him the kick.
- What?
- 给他一踢/反冲。
- 什么?


Drop him.
放倒他。


He's up.
他醒了。


You came prepared, hmm?
你是有备而来,嗯?

Not even my head of security knows this apartment. How did you find it?
就连负责我安全的人都不知道这所公寓,你是怎么发现的?


It's very difficult for a man of your position
to keep a love nest like this secret,
像你这样位高权重的人物,要保守一个秘密,是很难的,


particularly, when there's a married woman involved.
特别是当还与一位已婚女人有涉时。


- She would never... - Yet, here we're, to the dilemma.
- 她不会泄露...- 不过,我们还是来了,陷入了困境。


They're getting closer.
他们越来越近了。


You got what you came for.
你得到了想要的东西。

Well, that's not true. You left out the key piece of information, didn't you?
唔,好像不对。你涂抹掉了关键的信息,不是吗?


You held something back because you knew what we were up to.
你保留了一些东西,因为你知道我们的目的。


The question is why do you let us in at all.
问题是为什么你让我们参与进来。


An audition.
这是个测试。


Audition for what?
测试的目的是什么?


It dosen't matter. You failed.
没什么关系了,你们失败了。


We've extracted every bit of information you had in there.
我们已经窃取了你在那儿的每一点信息。


But your deception was obvious.
但是你们的诡计太显而易见了。


So, leave me and go.
因此,别来烦我赶紧走吧。


You don't seem to understand, Mr. Saito.The corporation that hired us,
你好像不明白,斋藤先生,雇佣我们的公司,


they won't accept failure.We won't last two days.
他们可不会接受这样的失败,我们撑不过两天。


Cobb.
考博


So now I have to do this a little more simply.
因此我不得不采用更简单点的办法了。


Tell us what you know!Tell us what you know, now!
告诉我们你知道什么!告诉我们,快!

I've always hated this carpet.
我一直很讨厌这里的地毯,

It's stained and frayed in such distinctive ways, but very definitely made of wool.
它脏不拉叽、破破烂烂,很特别,但那是块羊毛地毯,

Right now, I'm lying on polyester,
现在,我却是躺在聚脂纤维上,

which means I'm not lying on my carpet in my apartment.
这就是说,我现在不是躺在我公寓里的地毯上。

You've lived up to your reputation,
Mr. Cobb. I'm still dreaming.
传说你特别喜欢呆在梦里,果然,考博先生。我依然是在做梦。

- How'd it go? - Not good.
- 进行得怎样?- 不怎么样。

A dream within a dream, huh?
梦中之梦,哈?

I'm impressed.But in my dream, you play by my rules.
干得不错。不过在我的梦里,得按我的规则玩。

- Ah, yes, but you see, Mr. Saito... - We're not in your dream.
- 啊,好的,但是斋藤先生,你知道…- 我们不是在你的梦里。

We're in mine.
我们在我的梦里。

Asshole! How did you mess up the carpet?
混蛋!你怎么把地毯搞砸了?

It wasn't my fault.
不是我的错。

You are the architect!
你是设计师啊!

I didn't know he was gonna rub his damn cheek on it!
我怎么知道他他妈的会把脸他贴在那上面!

That's enough.
别吵了。

And you, what the hell's all that?
还有你,你他妈准备怎么办?

I have it under control.
我有办法掌控。

I'd hate to see ye out of control.
我倒是觉得你快失控了。

We don't have time for this.I'm getting off at Kyoto.
我们没时间再做了。我要在京都下车。

Why? He's not gonna check every compartment.
为什么?他不会检查每节车厢的。

I don't like trains.Listen, every man for himself.
我不喜欢火车。听着,我们各自奔命吧。

- Yes. Hello? - Hi, daddy. - Hi, dad.
- 喂,你好?- 嗨,爹地。 - 嗨,爹地。

Hey, guys, hey. How are you?How are you doing, huh?
嘿,小家

伙们,嘿,你们好吗?你们怎么样啊,嗯?

- Good. - Okey, I guess. - Okey? Who's just okey? Is that you, James?
- 好的。- 我想还行。- 还行?是谁说还行的?是你吗,詹姆士

Yeah. When are you coming home, dad?
是的。你什么时候回家啊,爹地?

Well, I can't, sweetheart, I can't.
Not for a while, remember?
噢,我不能,宝贝儿,暂时还回不了,还记得吗?

Why?
为什么?

Okey. I told you I'm... I'm away because I'm working. Right?
好吧,我告诉过你,我…我不在家。我要工作,不是吗?

Grandma says you're never coming back.
外婆说你再也不会回来了。

Philippa, is that you?
菲利帕,那是你吗?

Put grandma on the phone for me, will you?
让外婆来听电话,行吗?

She's shaking her head.
她在摇头。

Let's just hope she's wrong about that.
希望她说得不对。

- Daddy? - Yeah, James?
- 爹地?- 什么,詹姆士

Is mommy with you?
妈妈和你在一起吗?

James, we've talked about this.Mommy's not here anymore.
詹姆士,我们谈过这个了,妈妈再也不在这里了。

Where?
那在哪儿?

That's enough, kids. Say bye-bye.
行了,孩子们,说掰掰。

Listen, I'm... I'm gonna send some present with grandpa, alright?
听着,我会…我会让外公带礼物给你们,知道吗?

And you'd be good, you'd be...
你们要乖啊,你们要……

- Our ride's on the roof. - All right.
- 我们的运输工具在楼顶了。- 知道了。

- Are you okey? - Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Why?
- 你没事吧?- 没事,我很好。怎么?

- While down in the dream, Mal showing up. - Right, good Mal. Sorry about your leg.
- 在梦里的时候,玛尔又出现了。- 是啊,玛尔。很抱歉你的腿...

- It won't happen again. - It's getting worse, isn't it?
- 不会再有这样的事了。- 以后会越来越糟,是吗?

One apology's all you're getting, alright, Arthur?Where's Nash?
你还想要什么样的道歉呢,阿瑟纳什在哪儿?

He hasn't shown. You wanna wait?
没见到他,想等等吗?

No. We were supposed to deliver Saito's expansion
plans to Cobol Engineering two hours ago.
不。两小时之前我们就应该把斋藤的
扩展计划交给“科博尔工程公司”,

By now they know we failed.It's time we disappear.
现在他们已经知道我们失败了,我们还是马上消失的好。

- Where will you go? - Buenos Aires,
- 你要去哪儿?- 布宜诺斯艾利斯,

I can lie low there, maybe sniff out a job when things quiet down. You?
我可以在那儿避避风头,等事情平息下来后,也许再瞅瞅有什么活儿可干。你呢?

- Stateside. - 'Course. Send my regards.
- 回美国。- 当然。代我问好。

He sold you out.
他让你们露的馅。

Thought to come to me and bargain f

or his life.
“科博尔”想起来找我,想出钱要他的命。


So I offer you the satisfaction.
所以我可以让你们得到满足。

It's not the way I deal with things.
这不是我行事的方式。

- What will you do with him?
- Nothing. But I can't speak for Cobol Engineering.
- 你会拿他怎么样?
- 不怎么样。但我不能代表“科博尔工程公司”。


- What do you want from us? - Inception. Is it possible?
- 你究竟想从我们这儿得到什么?- “植入思想”,有可能吗?


- Of course not.
- If you can steal an idea from someone's mind,
- 当然不可能。- 既然你们能从别人的头脑里盗取意念,


why can't you plant one there instead?
为什么不能相应地在那儿植入某个意念呢?


Okey, here's me planting an idea in your head:
好吧,现在我要在你头脑里植入一个意念:


I say to you, "Don't think about elephants."What are you thinking about?
我对你说“别去想大象”。你现在在想什么?


- Elephants. - Right. But it's not your idea,
- 大象。- 没错,这并不是你自己的意念,


because you know I gave it to you.
因为你知道这是我给你的。


The subject's mind can always trace
the genesis of the idea.
主体的头脑总能够追踪到那个意念的源头,


- True inspiration's impossible to fake. - It's not true.
- 真正的灵感是不可能伪造的。- 你说得不对。

- Can you do it? - Are you offering me a choice?
- 你能做?- 你这是在让我做选择吗?


Because I can find my own way to square things with Cobol.
我可以自己想办法摆平与“科博尔公司”的过节。


- Then you do have a choice. - And I choose to leave, sir.
- 那你就自己选择好了。- 那我就选择离开,先生。


Tell the crew where you want to go.
告诉机组你们要去哪儿。


Hey, Mr. Cobb...? How would you like to go home, to America, to your children?
嘿,考博先生!你想不想回家啊?回美国,回到你孩子身边?


- You can't fix that. No one can.- Just like Inception?
- 这你做不到吧,没人能做到。- 就像“植入”?


Cobb, come on.
考博,走吧。

5
- How complex is the idea? - Simple enough.
- 那个意念有多复杂?- 足够简单。


No idea's simple when you need to plant it in somebody else's mind.
没有“简单的意念”一说,如果你想把它植入到别人的头脑里。


My main competitor is an old man in poor health.
我的主要竞争对手是一个老人,现在健康恶化,


His son will soon inherit control of the corporation.
他的儿子不久将继承掌握他的企业。

I need him to decide to break up his father's empire.
我需要他做出决定,拆分他父亲的产业帝国。


- Cobb, we should walk away from this. - Hold on.
- 考博,我们应该躲着点这样

的事。- 等等。

If I were to do this, if... if I even could do it, I need a guarantee.
如果我愿意做这事,如果…我能够做到,我需要你也能保证。


- How do I know you can deliver? - You don't, but I can.
- 我怎么知道你能做到。- 你是不知道,但是我能。

So, do you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old man,
怎么说,你是希望来一个信心上的飞跃呢?还是想以后等你老了,

filled with regret, waiting to die alone?
心中充满遗憾,在孤独中等待死亡?


Assemble your team, Mr. Cobb, and choose your people more wisely.
召集你的人马吧,考博先生,这次你选人时要明智一些。


I know how much you want to go home,
but this can't be done.
我知道你非常希望回家,但这事我们干不了。


Yes, it can.You just have to go deep enough.
不,可以干,只要你能走得足够深,


- You don't know that. - I've done it before.
- 你根本就不知道。- 我以前做过。


Who did you do it to?
对谁做的?


- Why are we going to Paris? - We're gonna need a new architect.
- 我们为什么去巴黎?- 我们需要个新设计师。


You never did like your office, did you.
你真的是很不喜欢你的办公室,是吗?


No space to think in that broom cupboard. Is it safe for you to be here?
在那样的扫帚柜里没有空间思考。你来这儿安全吗?


Extradition between France and the United States
法国美国之间的引渡…


is a bureaucratic nightmare. You know that.
官僚作风的噩梦,这你知道。


I think they might find a way to make it work in your case.
我想对于你的案子也许他们会改变作风。


Look, I, uh... bought these (*?*).
你看,我…呃…买了点礼物,

Give it to the kids when you have the chance.
有机会的话你带给孩子们。


It will take more than the occasional stuffed animal...
光靠偶尔送些毛绒玩具,你不能…

to convince those children they still have a father.
让孩子们相信他们还有你这个父亲。


I'm just doing what I know, I'm doing what you taught me.
我只是在做我熟悉的事情,而且正是你教我的。


- I never taught you to be a thief. - No, you taught me to navigate people's minds.
- 我从没教过你去做小偷。
- 是的,但你教过我如何驾驭人们的头脑。

But after what happened, there weren't a whole
lot of legitimate ways for me to use that skill.
但是出了那件事,我已经没法再以合法的方式来使用这种技能了。


- What're you doing here, Dom? - I think I found a way home.
- 你来这里究竟做什么,多姆?- 我想我找到了回家之路



It's a job for some very, very powerful people,
为某位非常、非常有势力的人物完成一项工作,


people who I believe can fix my charges permanently. But I

need your help.
我相信那人可以一劳永逸地解决对我的指控,但我需要你的帮助


You're here to corrupt one of my brightest and best.
你来这里是想带坏我最聪明和最好的学生。


You know what I'm offering. You have to let them decide for themselves.
我知道我可以提供怎样的机会,你得让他们自己来决定。


- Money? - Not just money.
- 为钱?- 不只是钱。


You remember, it's... the chance to build cathedrals, entire cities,
还记得吗?谁不想有机会来建造大教堂、整座整座的城市,


things that never existed, things that couldn't exist in the real world.
还有那些不曾的东西、也在现实世界中不可能存在的东西?


So you... you want me to let someone else to follow you into your fantasy?
所以你…你希望我让另一个人来追随你进入你的幻界?


They don't actually come into the dream. They just...
他们不必真正进入到梦里,他们只要…


they just design the levels and teach them to the dreamers. That's all.
他们只要设计好每一层的梦境,并交给造梦者就行了。


- Design it yourself? - Mal won't let me.
- 你自己设计呢?- 玛尔不允许我。


- Come back to reality, Dom. Please!
- Reality? Those kids, your grandchildren,
- 回到现实来吧,多姆!- 现实?我的孩子、你的外孙,

they're waiting for their father to come back home. That's their reality.
他们正等着他们的父亲回家,这就是他们的现实。


And this job, this last job, that's how I get there.
这项工作、这项最终的工作,会让我如愿以偿。


I would not be standing here, if I knew any other way.
要是我知道还有别的什么办法,就不会站在这里了


I need an architect who is as good as I was.
我需要个设计师,和从前的我一样棒的设计师。


I've got somebody better.
我有更好的人选。


Ariadne, I'd like you to meet Mr. Cobb.
阿里阿德涅,我想让你见一下考博先生。


- Pleased to meet you. - If you have a few moments,
- 很高兴认识你。- 如果你有点时间,


Mr. Cobb has a job offer he'd like to discuss with you.
考博先生有份工作提供,想和你谈谈。


- A work placement or...? - Not exactly.
- 实习之类的?- 不完全是。


I have a test for you.
我想测验你一下。


Would you like to tell me anything about this first?
你能不能先告诉我点那是什么样的工作?


Before I describe the job, I have to know you can do it.
在我描述这份工作前,得先知道你能否胜任。

- Why? - It's not, strickly speaking, legal.
- 为什么?- 严格地说它不太合法。

You have two minutes to design a maze that takes one minute to solve.
给你两分钟时间设计出一个需要花一分钟解开的迷宫。


Stop.
停。


Again.

再来。


Stop.
停。


You have to be better than that.
你得加把劲才行。


That's more like it.
这还差不多。


They say we only use a fraction of our brain's true potential.
一般人们只是部分地利用了大脑的真正的潜能,

Now, that's when we are awake.
当然,那是指我们醒着的时候;

When we're asleep, our mind can do almost anything.
当我们在睡眠中,我们的头脑几乎可以做任何事情。


Such as?
比如说?


Well, imagine you're designing a building, right? You consciously create each aspect.
设想你正在设计一座建筑,你有意识地创造它的方方面面,


But sometimes it feels like it's almost creating itself, if you know what I mean.
但有时候,你会觉得那些创造自然而然就产生了,你明白吗?


- Yeah, yeah. Like, um... discovering. - Genuine inspiration, right?
- 是的,像是…嗯…发现。- 真正的灵感,对吗?


Now in a dream, our mind continuously does this:
如果是在梦里,我们的头脑连续不断地做着这样的事:


We create and perceive our world simultaneously.
我们一边创造,同时一边感知我们的世界,


Our mind does this so well that we don't even know what's happening.
我们的头脑做得如此出色,以至于我们甚至都不明白怎么回事,


That allows us to get right in the middle of that process.
那使得我们能够直接介入这一过程之中。


- How?- By taking over the creating part.
- 怎么介入?- 通过担当起创造者的角色。


Now, this is where I need you: You create the world of the dream.
这里就是我需要你的地方:你创造出梦中的世界,

We bring the subject into that dream, and they fill it with their subconscious.
我们把主体带入那个梦,他们用自己的潜意识充满梦境。


How could I ever acquire enough detail to make them think that it's reality?
我怎么可能获得足够的细节,好让他们认为那是真的?


Our dreams, they feel real while we're in them, right?
我们做的梦,感觉都很真实,只要我们是在梦里,不是么?


It's only when we wake up that we realize something that are actually strange.
只有当我们醒了之后,才会意识到有些不对劲。


Let me ask you a question:
我来问你个问题:


You... you never really remember the beginning of a dream, do you?
你…你从来回忆不起某个梦的开头,对吗?

You always wind up right in the middle of what's going on.
你只记得梦做到一半,然后就断了的那一部分。

- I guess, yeah. - So how did we end up here?
- 我想是的,是这样。- 那么我们怎么会在这儿的?

- Well, we just came from the, uh...- Think about it, Ariadne,
- 唔,我们是从…呃……- 仔细想想,阿里阿德涅

how did you get here? Where are you right now?
你怎么会在这

儿的?你现在究竟在哪儿?


We're dreaming?
我们在做梦?


You're actually in the middle of a workshop right now, sleeping.
你实际上现在正在一间工场内睡觉,


This is your first lesson in shared dreaming. Stay calm.
这是你分享梦境的第一课。别慌。


If it's just a dream, why are you covering...
如果这只是一个梦,那你为什么要捂着……

Because it's never just a dream, is it?
因为感觉完全不像是在做梦,是不是?


And a face full of glasses hurts like hell.
满脸的碎玻璃渣,疼得要命。


When you're in it, the feel is real.
如果你是在梦里,感觉都很真实。


That's why the military developed dream sharing.There was a training program...
因此军方研发出了梦境分享系统,他们有个训练项目,


for soldiers to shoot, stab, and strangle each other, and then wake up.
让士兵们互相射击、刺杀、和扼死,然后醒过来。


How did architects get involved?
设计师在其中起什么作用?


Someone had to design the dreams, right?
得有人来设计梦境,对么?


Why don't you give us another five minutes?
你再给我们五分钟体验一下吧。


Five minutes? What...?
We were talking for like at least an hour.
五分钟?怎么会?我们好像谈了至少有一个钟头。


When you dream, your mind functions more quickly.
在梦里面你的头脑运转得更加快,

Therefore, time seems to feel more slow.
因此时间似乎就感觉变慢了。

Five minutes in the real world
gives you an hour in the dream.
真实世界的五分钟,在你梦里能有一小时。


Why don't you see what you can get up to in five minutes?
为什么你不再试个五分钟,看看你会碰到些什么?


You've got the basic layout -- bookstore, cafe. Almost everything else's here, too.
你已经有了基本的布局——书店、咖啡店,似乎一切应有尽有。

- Who are the people? - Projections of my subconscious.
- 这些人物是谁?- 是我的潜意识的投影。


- Yours? - Yes.
- 你的?- 是的。


Remember, you are the dreamer, you built this world.
你看,你是造梦者,你建造了这个世界。


I'm the subject, my mind populates it.
我是主体,我的精神充斥在这里。


You can literally talk to my subconscious.
你其实可以和我的潜意识对话,

That's one of the ways we extract the information from the subject.
正因为如此,所以我们可以从主体那里提取出信息。


How else do you do it?
还能做些别的吗?
By creating something secure like a... like a bank vault or a jail,
通过创造出一些安全的地方,比如…比如银行的金库或是监狱,


the mind automatically fills it with information he's trying to protect. Understand?
头脑就自动地将想要保护的信息放在里面,明白吗?


- Then you break in

相关文档
相关文档 最新文档